Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Big Thanks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:03 am 

I have just downloaded latest version of open audit, I had previously been using winventory. I installed onto windows pc running apache and PHP.

Very impressed by the new version, only problem I had was that I had to remark mysql user setup as it it ignored me asking to not to use a user and gave errors relating to creating the user. I also had to manually run the open_audit.sql file, after the database had been created via the script.

I even ran the audit_linux.sh on a centos 4.4 and Ubtunto 6.10 sever which posted some information back!

Big thanks to everyone involved. I am working on hooking in asp.net page to wake up every PC for a Given SQL statement :)

I know some c#,wmi,vbscript and a very little php. But I would be happy to help, on this project if yoo need any?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:27 am 

All help is very welcome, glad you like it.

We are aware of the setp issue, it was slightly fudged (my fault :oops: ), so expect a bug fix soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:49 am 

Would adding a check box against some query returns (ie openaudit/list.php?view=all_systems) so that you could select all/some devices to create an array that can be exectuted against all of them.

I am thinking that this would be useful for say waking up all machines that are selected or shutting them down et al.

If a couple of people are interested then I will try create a demo page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:35 am 

[quote="monkeyx"]Would adding a check box against some query returns (ie openaudit/list.php?view=all_systems) so that you could select all/some devices to create an array that can be exectuted against all of them.

I am thinking that this would be useful for say waking up all machines that are selected or shutting them down et al.

If a couple of people are interested then I will try create a demo page.

Seems like a neat idea, not quite sure what the vbs code it generates would look like. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]