Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:23 am 

Hello again.

So I got fed up with the bugs of the latest release and started using the subversion in order to see if I would have better luck and here's the issue as it stands:

I'm not getting an accurate count of all of the software packages in the audit results. For example, out of 200+ successful scans, only 45 of them have Windows installed. That's about as inaccurate as you can get. Another example is that the audits state that only 14 computers have Adobe Reader installed which is, again, false.

The second issue is that machines with more that one monitor will not successfully report both monitors -- in fact, neither of them get stored in the database.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:08 am 
Contributor

What does it say is installed if only 45 appear to have windows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:11 am 

With a software query, I get the following:

38 Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Microsoft Corporation

That's the only mention of any version of Windows.

If I query all Windows-based workstations, I get a list of 195 workstations, not including the 10 laptops.

As an addendum, it's appearing as if most of these workstations that don't show up in the list of 38 have no software installed at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:15 am 
Contributor

When you click the "All Audited Systems" is the OS blank there as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:17 am 

No. All of them say either XP Pro or the Server class of OS for our Windows Servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:27 am 

It's been over a month since I originally opened this thread. I'm currently using the newest SVN and I still cannot successfully retrieve software information from machines that are successfully audited.

It's rather disheartening to look at a machine's audit results to find that it doesn't even have an OS installed (which it obviously does).

Any thoughts? Has this issue been addressed elsewhere?

Thanks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:50 am 

Hmmm I dont have the problem, however can you try the following.

Go to Queries> All Software with Hosts.

Click on the Magnifying glass near the top of the view, and fill in Microsoft Windows XP Professional in the name box.

Do you see an accurate number of systems displayed?

Try the same for Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

Is this OK?

Try also Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

Also try any other versions Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
for example

Where do you see the problem?

As to the Dual Headed boxes, are both monitors identical? I haven't got any multi headed monsters, so I can't even give this a whirl.

Mark.. should the audit script catch this? (Note: this seems to be a problem as none of my laptops have any monitor details... Laptops on docking stations are dual headed, but no monitor details show up).

Last edited by A_Hull on Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:57 am 

Another idea.... try installing the SVN version completely from scratch as you may simply have a corrupt database. Are you running under XAMPP? What version of PHP etc are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:23 am 
And if you could, run an audit on a machine that doesn't list an OS, but use the config option online="n". Then paste the resulting file here. Sorry about being slow on this, it's hard to keep track of all the threads on here, so if we don't respond, just bump the thread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:54 am 

Thanks for the prompt reply. Starting from the top, here are the results:

1) After the domain audit finished, it only listed 112 copies of XP Pro. We have at least 175. We're confident that the most of the remaining 63 are turned on and should have been caught up by the audit sweep. We don't use Windows 2000 anywhere, so I couldn't query that for a test.

2) On the dual headed boxes, both monitors are usually not identical. My own machine uses two different models and neither show up in the audit results.

3) I'm using PHP 5.1.6 and I'm not using XAMPP. I tried reinstalling the SVN from scratch, including using a brand new database. It cleared up other issues I was having, however...

New issue:

audit.vbs no longer works properly. I have it configured like my last configuration and can no longer perform a scan on my domain like before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:26 am 

Addendum:

I got the audit.vbs to work, so I'll let you guys know what the audit does.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:53 am 

Post the audit.config (without any sensitive info) or PM it to me and I will take a look in the morning.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:13 am 

So I've been running the audit script for the past 10 days and everything is going perfectly. Clearly, removing all of the old files and updating the SVN from scratch cleared up the majority of the issues I'm having.

However, the only remaining issue I'm having is that multiple monitors do not display on the hardware inventory.

Thanks for all of your help thus far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:28 am 

[quote="morganma"]So I've been running the audit script for the past 10 days and everything is going perfectly. Clearly, removing all of the old files and updating the SVN from scratch cleared up the majority of the issues I'm having.

However, the only remaining issue I'm having is that multiple monitors do not display on the hardware inventory.

Thanks for all of your help thus far.

This is a known bug, and we are looking in to it. Watch the bugs forum for a fix. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]