Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:49 pm 

I am missing information on the audit when I use "ie". If I use 'p' then I see all the information.

Example of missing information

MAC Address and others in Network Settings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:11 am 
First I would check that you have the latest code. If you're using the released zip, there might be issues that have been fixed since then. If you haven't already, grab the latest from our svn repository over on sourceforge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:43 am 

Thanks for a quick reply. I downloaded the source yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:50 am 
Where is the information missing? Can you tell me what page?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:59 am 

it's not getting the network information from computers I have off the Domain. When I audit my computer I can get all the network information using 'ie', when I audit the other computers using 'ie' I am missing almost all of the network settings. If I run the audit using 'p' on the other computers I can get all the network settings, just not sure why I can't get it when I run the audit using 'ie' and it only seems to happen on the computers off my network.

If I go to the network settings of these computers the only thing that shows is the Domain

** not sure if this will help but the other computers are on a workgroup not a domain, will this cause an issue. They also have not internet connection but I am running it off my computer as a host

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:40 am 
Try online = "yesxml" in audit.config

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:41 am 

I was just reading another post on that and I did try that and I still get the same results.

Another quick question is can you audit all computers on a workgroup instead of Domain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:14 am 
It's not currently possible to audit all computers on a workgroup easily. Domains are easy because you just grab all the computers from Active Directory. A workgroup does not have a central list of computers, but maybe it's possible to get a list from the master browser? I don't know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:19 am 

[quote="karaki"]I was just reading another post on that and I did try that and I still get the same results.

Another quick question is can you audit all computers on a workgroup instead of Domain?

Not directly, you could audit all workstations in an OU within the domain (in theory) by specifying the container in audit.vbs, this would be a bit of a chore but easier than that..

You could also use a text file with just the names of the machine names in your Workgroup.

Have a look at audit.config and pc_file_list.txt in the scripts folder for further info.

Last edited by A_Hull on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:28 am 
[quote]If I go to the network settings of these computers the only thing that shows is the Domain

where is this "network settings"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:35 am 

When I open up open audit on my server I go to each indiviual computer and look under OS Settings then under Network settings and I have no information. This only happens on the computers who are on a workgroup and not on a domain

I have also tried doing it offline and checking the .txt file and none of the network information is in there. When I use online = 'p' it brings up about:blank and in this it has all of the network information listed, I just don't know how to transfer the information from this page to the database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:38 am 
As far as I know, that link doesn't actually exist. I think it did at one time, but it was removed. Try looking under hardware->Network Card, the info should all be there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:43 am 

I went to that link and for the computers that are not on the Domain but in my pc_list I have a blank page. The computers in my domain I can see the netwrok information on this page.

It looks like all the other information is listed on the other computers (I haven't done a complete check yet) just the network information is missing.

on the home page under systems Discovered inthe last 3 days I can see atleast the ip address

Thank you for helping me in this matter, I think this program is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:54 am 
Do you get "no results" listed? I don't know why you are seeing the domain listed, the only items that should be there are these:
[quote]Type:
Description:
Manufacturer:
MAC Address:
IP:
Subnet:
Primary DNS:
Secondary DNS:
Primary WINS:
Secondary WINS:
DHCP:
DHCP Server:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:59 am 

on the hardware/network adapter I don't see anything

if I goto OS Settings/network settings I see

Domain / Domain Site Name: VCOT /
Domain Controller:
Current User:

if I go to the same pages on my computer I see all the fields populated on both pages.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next