Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Language Translation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Help requested.
Do you want Open-AudIT in your native language ?
Download it, and modify the file include_lang_english.php
Send me the file (zipped), and we can include it, along with an option to select it in setup.
Please don't post it here - the file is not small...

Mark.

Last edited by Mark on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:39 pm 

like I said in the Winventory forum: I don't plan to translate it for my own buisiness, since I'm confortable with english (maybe not write it, but I understand it well :lol:) but if you want me to translate it to French, I could do it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:12 am 
Site Admin

Shredder - it's up to you. We're happy to take the include file, if you're happy to wade thru it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:48 pm 

Hi,
Where can i download the file to translate?
Open-AudIT is almost comming out? i'm asking this because i'm thinking in implementation of this but i dont if i wait for open-audIT or i install now the win inventory.

Tanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:32 pm 

You can use the latest SVN version, it is quite functional.

To translate, take a copy of the include_language_english.php file copy it to include_language_whatever.php edit it, translate all of the English text and submit it to us, we will add it in to the SVN version.

I think that's about it.

Winventory is also perfectly useable, however all development work is being done on Open Audit, so winventory is a bit of a dead duck from the point of view of updating with new features.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:31 pm 

Hi guys,

I started using Open-AudIT a couple of days ago ... great software!!!

Me and some coworkers are currently translating include_language_english.php in french.
As soon as we've tested it ... I'll send it to you !

Keep up the great work guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:21 am 
Watch out, the language file is changing. In the current svn, we have a new english language file (in the lang directory).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:31 am 

Latest SVN contains new look language, stick to the name fr.inc for french de.inc for German etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:36 am 

[quote="mikeyrb"]Watch out, the language file is changing. In the current svn, we have a new english language file (in the lang directory).

I've seen that after I wrote my post !

Do you know when the changes to the new language file and language management is going to be completed...

Cause I'll wait and send you a french version of the lang file when the new language management is stable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:55 am 

The changes are complete, the method used requires that the english language file be present, and if there are any other language files, these will be offered as choices in the setup program.

If the selected language file is incomplete, then the english prompt will be used instead, so you can translate everything for the current version, and this will still work for any subsequent versions, albeit that any new features will remain in english untill the "other" language file is updated.

In otherwords, feel free to translate and send us the translation so we can include it in the later releases.

Look in lang\en.inc for the English version to start your translation, only translate the final double quoted field.

Any previous translations have been lost, but this wont be the case in the future, please can we have an updated Spanish, Basque and Italian version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:02 am 

[quote="A_Hull"]The changes are complete, the method used requires that the english language file be present, and if there are any other language files, these will be offered as choices in the setup program.

If the selected language file is incomplete, then the english prompt will be used instead, so you can translate everything for the current version, and this will still work for any subsequent versions, albeit that any new features will remain in english untill the "other" language file is updated.

In otherwords, feel free to translate and send us the translation so we can include it in the later releases.

Look in lang\en.inc for the English version to start your translation, only translate the final double quoted field.

Any previous translations have been lost, but this wont be the case in the future, please can we have an updated Spanish, Basque and Italian version.

Thanks.... do you know when when there's going to be a new release... cause for now i'm running on release - oa060726 and i'm still still figuring out what I should download from the svn to be up to date with the new developments !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:13 am 

Good question... Mark?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:20 am 

I sent you a french translation file

However, some pages are not translating properly,
I'm presently making a document pointing to each line of codes that are hard-coded

Thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:15 am 
Site Admin

A new release will happen when I can run the SVN Trunk with minimal errors...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]