Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: errors and questions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:42 am 

Im getting some funky php/mysql errors:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/sys/oa/include.php on line 100
Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/sys/oa/index.php on line 99

Etc, etc.

Im running Ubuntu 6.06 server (LAMP) and its highly possible that I havent set things up correctly.

Also, is there any documentation for Open Audit yet? I know its early but I am a little confused as to how this is supposed to work. Other than those questions this looks like its going to be a kick ass app. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:45 am 
What page gives you this error? The only setup you need to do is install the files (which you appear to have done correctly) and then run setup.php. Perhaps Mark should set it up to automatically run setup.php if it detects a new install? You may need to set permissions for group write on the include_config.php file, but that may have been before I chmod/chgrp to root.
Let me know if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:49 am 

Im getting the errors on most of the pages. I think the only page that isnt giving me the errors is setup_audit.php. Also, Im going to look again but.. is the admin_config.php page missing on purpose?

Let me go through an make sure I have the permissions set correctly on all of the files. Im pretty new the the Linux world so I'm a little (ok, a lot) slow. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:57 am 
I think if you are getting all those errors, that the database was either not setup, or it can't connect to the database. Did you run setup.php? (If you did, run it again, and see if you get an error about not being able to write the config file.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:59 am 

Here is a screenshot of the "home" page for OpenAudit:

[url]http://myifdn.com/tmp/oa_home.jpg[/url]

I have set the permission for all of the files to 777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:59 am 

[quote="mikeyrb"]I think if you are getting all those errors, that the database was either not setup, or it can't connect to the database. Did you run setup.php? (If you did, run it again, and see if you get an error about not being able to write the config file.)

Will do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:04 am 

OK.. I cant believe that I missed that. The setup.php wouldnt load the DB on its own but I did it manually and everything seems to work ok now.

I guess I need to figure out how the auditing works now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]