Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:58 am 

I have a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid LAMP server that I installed OAv2 on using the readme.txt. All seemed to go well, web server came right up. I downloaded audit_linux.sh and it ran just fine on the server and loaded all the specs into the database. GREAT. Next, I tried Audit_linux.sh over the network and it failed. Seeing as Windows sees more action, I downloaded the latest Audit_Windows.vbs and ran that on my Windows 7 laptop. It ran great then errored out with the following:

+++++++++++++++++
<div id="content">
<h1>A Database Error Occurred</h1>
<p>Error Number: 1064</p><p>You have an error in your SQL syntax
; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right s
yntax to use near ' system WHERE .system_id = system.system_id AND = '' AND syst
em.man_status = 'pr' at line 1</p><p>SELECT system.system_id, system.type FROM s
ystem WHERE system_id = '8' AND system_id in ( SELECT distinct(system.system_id)
FROM , system WHERE .system_id = system.system_id AND = '' AND system.man_statu
s = 'production' AND .timestamp = system.timestamp )</p> </div>
</body>
</html>

Total Execution Time: 330 seconds.
+++++++++++++++++++
I see the audit script is trying to use 'http://server/index.php/system' so I ssh'd into the server and went to the directory
/var/www/oav2/code_igniter/system/application/controllers and ran 'php5 system.php'. And got the following warnings/errors:
+++++++++++++++++++
PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/imagick.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Class 'MY_Controller' not found in /var/www/oav2/code_igniter/system/application/controllers/system.php on line 3
+++++++++++++++++++
the first 3 lines of system.php are:
+++++++++++++++++++++
<?php

class System extends MY_Controller {
+++++++++++++++++++++
I'm not well versed in PHP or CodeIgniter for that matter.
Seems to have to do with the 'MY_Controller' entry.
Anyone have a clue as to what my problem is and how to fix it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

First, it won't run from the command line full stop.
It relies on the CodeIgniter framework and (I think) unless I specifically code to enable command line stuff, no go.
Your errors seem weird though, for example:
[code]check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' system WHERE .system_id = system.system_id AND = '' AND system.man_status = 'pr' at line 1[/code]
This should be WHERE system.system_id - note the lack in the error message of the table being referenced (the "system" before the .).

[code]SELECT system.system_id, system.type FROM system WHERE system_id = '8' AND system_id in ( SELECT distinct(system.system_id) FROM , system WHERE .system_id = system.system_id AND = '' AND system.man_status = 'production' AND .timestamp = system.timestamp )[/code]
In the SQL is "FROM ," - WTH? This is also very odd. There should (again) be a table name in there.

Maybe check the defined Groups in the web interface and make sure there is an "All Devices" Group. Failing that, I'm not sure what would cause that - maybe try re-downloading and upload the PHP again. The database should be fine.
If anyone else has an idea, please do chime in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 am 

Success!

I could not resolve the problem with my first attempt at OAv2 on Linux.
So, I downloaded and installed beta 8.2 and followed the installation instructions provided in the .zip and it works great.
So far, I've audited XP, 2003, Windows 7, Ubuntu and Debian clients.

For some reason, I cannot start the audit from the OAv2 server, I have to run it from the client and push the data to the server.
But at least it is working.

Time to start reading the forum then start hacking to customize which data is displayed on the web interface from the Linux Router Appliances I have to manage.

I'll be sure to create a new post when I have something of value to share.

Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 am 
Site Admin

[quote="yiotta"]For some reason, I cannot start the audit from the OAv2 server, I have to run it from the client and push the data to the server.
That is how it works.

[quote="yiotta"]Time to start reading the forum then start hacking to customize which data is displayed on the web interface from the Linux Router Appliances I have to manage. I'll be sure to create a new post when I have something of value to share. Please do post and share, I would be very interested :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]