Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 am 

I just got transferred into a lab manager position and Open Audit is being used to inventory the lab hardware.
Seems to work great until it tries to audit any windows 7 or 2008 hardware but returns an audit stopped abnormally message when accessing those workstations and servers.
Can anyone give me a clue as why this is happening?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Open-AudIT or OAv2?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 am 

Version is Open Audit-IT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:25 am 

Open-AudIT.

From the Open Audit server I can ping the target workstations/servers with e.g. windows 7 or Server 2008.

In one case last week a couple of workstations with windows 7 - where auditing did not work - were reimaged with windows XP. When complete I was able to run a managed audit against their IP address and audit data was returned.

The same physical network connection and IP address were used. A ghost XP image was dropped back onto the two workstations.

I tried to find out if Open AuditIT is compatible with Windows 7 and Server 2008 but was able to find any information.

Any suggestions would be apprecialted.

Lee Watson
SVT Lab Manager
Cassidian Communications.
Temecula, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I'm guessing that Open-AudIT (the audit.vbs script) simply doesn't work with Win7 / Win2008. It's been (literally) years since I've touched that code so someone else here might be able to better advise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:14 am 

Mark:

Thanks for the update. Will OAv2 audit Windows 7 and Server 2008?

Thanks!

Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 am 

OAv1 and 2 both work with recent versions of Windows.You could update your V1 to the [url=http://open-audit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/open-audit/?view=tar]latest from SVN[/url] and then look at starting over with V2. There is no upgrade path from V1 to V2.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 am 

I would like to try version 2 but am somewhat surprised that there seems to be no through installation document for someone like me that has not that much experience with this type of application.

Are there any good installation documents available?

Can v2 be installed on a windows machine? How about Linux Ubuntu?

I saw one link about a windows installation but when I started looking at it some of the instrucitons seemed to be incorrect as the files that were referenced did not have the entries that were to be changed.

Also the readme file that I found in the V2 download was pretty basic about how to install the application in Linux. I need a Linux for dummies version, not one for those who know what they are doing!

Thanks for your help!

Lee

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]