Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

I want OAv2 tested for vulnerabilities & penetration (security) issue's.
Is anyone aware of anything that can do this (preferrably for free)?
I know most places pay for an external company to perform the test(s), but this isn't an option for OAv2 (and me).

Any thought's you have or help you can provide would be most appreciated.

PS - I'm not ready to perform the complete full test yet (on beta4), but will be needing something soon...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:12 pm 

Forgive my naïveté but is such a thing even possible? I'm sure there are plenty of frameworks for automating the penetration testing process but someone still needs to create the tests. It would seem the massive number of XSS attacks on all maner of well known and well funded sites is testament to how hard it is to get security right. I think to do that you need to start with security in mind from the beginning.

Wikipedia (I know) led me [url=http://blog.skeptikal.org/2010/03/website-security-seals-smackdown.html]here[/url]. Again, I don't really know what I'm talking about so disregard if someone else finds the magic bullet solution.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:40 pm 

An old Version of Nessus maybe? I remember Version 3 being Open-Source if im not mistaken

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]