Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 am 

I have just installed Open-Audit on a new ubuntu server. I am unable to start the Web-Schedule service from the web-gui. The exact error message is a pop up in the lower right of the browser that says:
[quote]Unable to start the Web-Schedule service

Nothing is displayed in any of the logs. Also I am unable to run the test scan I have setup, when I try to manually start it it says:
[quote]Failed to run: Test Scan (127)

Aside from actually being able to scan installing open-audit on this linux machine resolved many of my previous issues.

Last edited by jinvman on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 am 

There are no errors generated on the server that I can find when this process fails. I opened the page tried to start the web-schedule service and on the linux server I ran a:
[quote]find / -mmin -5

and no log files anywhere were modified with any errors. The files in the directory for the site are all owned by www-data:www-data. I have no idea how else to troubleshoot this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 am 

I didn't write nor do I use the web-schedule stuff so keep that in mind. I also only use Windows so...

I think the system is trying to run the following command using the Apache service credentials. Maybe there is a problem with this. Can you run this with the same credentials as Apache is using and see what it does?

[code]audit.pl (or audit) --url-path <your openaudit url path here> --cron-start --daemon[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:36 am 

I just found some resources stating that Web-Schedule will not run under 64 bit OS. That was from here:
http://chadsikorra.com/scripting/openaudit-web-schedule

I am building out a 32 bit machine to see if that fixes the issue.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 am 

Great. At least you found information from the guy that wrote the code.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 am 

This was related to being run on a 64-bit ubuntu server. Open-audit will only run on a 32 bit server.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:51 am 

[quote="jinvman"]This was related to being run on a 64-bit ubuntu server. Open-audit will only run on a 32 bit server.

It's great that you solved you problem but I wouldn't go that far. I would say the Web-Scheduling stuff doesn't work on 64-bit server or locked down Apache. I think it would work just fine to run the web portion of OpenAudit on a 64bit server and run the audit via cron or manually to populate the database. This would be the old-school method before the Web-Schedule stuff was written.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]