Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:31 am 

Hi all,

Got an interesting situation - i have 750 workstations in the inventory but i would like to do a search on what is NOT installed - ie are there any without the antivirus and device control pruducts we use. I may be missing something obvious (i hope am!), i can't see how to do it.

Another thing - DropBox is not showing up in the software inventory, even though it is installed and is in Add/Remove programs. How do i get this to report in...?

Any assistance would be most welcome - thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:43 am 
Site Admin

You could try setting up a report with a join such as this (this SQL taken from a report in OAv2) -
[code]select system.system_id, system.hostname, sys_sw_software.software_name, sys_sw_software.software_version from system left join sys_sw_software on (system.system_id = sys_sw_software.system_id and system.timestamp = sys_sw_software.timestamp and (software_name like '%virus%' or software_name like '%endpoint%')) join oa_group_sys on (system.system_id = oa_group_sys.system_id and oa_group_sys.group_id = ?) group by hostname order by hostname;[/code]
Note the left join...

As for DropBox...
It should list most programs in the Registry at -
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
If it appears in there, it should show up in Open-AudIT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:44 am 

I have to say that the above didn't really help that much - it refers to tables that are not present (oa_group_sys for example).

I needed to get up to speed on some sql language and mapped out what how I could get the end result in simple language

I wanted List of PCs without software X not installed

So I reasoned that (list of PCs) minus (list of PCs with software X installed) = (list of PCs without software X)

I believe the following statement does the job:

[code]select system_name from system where system_uuid not in (select software_uuid from software where software_name like '%Sophos%') order by 1
[/code]

Is this correct or have I overlooked something or got the wrong end of the stick...?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:47 pm 

will the left join section (provided i like the right tables) provide a better validation/link?

I used just this statement to get the desired results

select system_name from system where system_uuid not in (select software_uuid from software where software_name like '%Sophos%') order by 1;

(list of all pc's) - (list of pc's with sophos) = (list of pc's without sopohs)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]