Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Windows or Linux?
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:48 am 

Hi All,

Im new to Open Audit and from what I can see so far it looks very good.

I set up a test on a LAMP server which works fine but I am about to deploy it to a dedicated server.

My question is are there any benefits running on a Linux server over Windows, I asking from an Open Audit point of view, not which OS is better.

OAV2 look great to but as its still Alpha I cant go there yet, will there be a simple upgrade path?when it is released ?

Thanks in advance,

Zad

Post subject: Re: Windows or Linux?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

As far as the actual code is concrened - no difference between Linux and windows. Up for debate is if MySQL (in particular), your webserver of choice and PHP work better on which platform... Whatever suits you, really.

I don't plan for an upgrade path from Open-AudIT to OAv2, sorry. There are way to many differences. Having said that - the source is open, so if a community member wants to write a conversion routine, be my guest.

Post subject: Re: Windows or Linux?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:52 pm 

Sorry to bump an old thread but I've done it both ways, W2k3 + IIS and Ubuntu + Apache2. The Ubuntu installation was far easier to get up and running than the Windows install but you have to have somewhere to run the audits from if you wish to run them remotely from the one device and because they're vbs scripts its slightly easier to be able to do this from a single host windows machine IMO.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]