Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Windows 7 64 bit Key
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:22 am 

I've been using open Audit for about 18 months. It's a great product, thank you for everyone's contributions. Recently came across an issue I've been unable to resolve.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit is returning the license key as BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB. Is anyone else having the same issue? UAC is off, as I found it was required for Vista (not to mention UAC sucks anyways).

Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks!

Robert R.

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 64 bit Key
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:27 pm 

I'm also seeing this problem, but with Windows 7 32 bit which have been installed with an Enterprise license key.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:20 am 
Contributor

Over here our Windows 7 and Server 2008 keys show as BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB

I did some research, the enterprise license keys seem to be stored a bit differently in the registry. Maybe open audit is showing the DigitalProductID value? The enterprise key might be found in DigitalProductID4 instead. Here is a reply I found on this issue on another board, which leads me to believe this could be the case:

[quote]It is just stored (in an obfuscated way) in a different key, DigitalProductID4 instead of DigitalProductID You'll find it under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion.

DigitalProductID is stuffed with bogus values that shows up as all these B's after decoding

Can anybody confirm that OA is currently looking at the DigitalProductID setting only, which is where the B's are coming from?

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 am 

I don't think the volume license keys are stored in the registry at all for Windows 7/2008R2.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]