Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: OpenAudit Document Help
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:03 pm 

I just evaluated the open audit tool and i think it will be more helpful for me.I anybody can tell me how to use properly from the scratch would be the great help .Can anyone provide me the document or the user manual so that i can fully understand what is openaudit.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:46 am 

I have been testing out this tool also recently. The best information your going to get is from the FAQ section of this forum. The rest is going to be trial and error since there doesn't seem to be full documentation on how things work and the forum community is not really alive.
Read through viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1393. If you need more help I can try and help you from some things I've picked up.

One of the main reason I think the forum is failing is due to the fact that every threat/post/reply must be approved by an administrator. During one day of trials I was attempting to update my issues status but my whole thread was not approved for 1 full day(which I had posted 3 replys). Then if anyone replies to help me, there post must also be approved which can take 1 day since the admins aren't online 24/7. That can cause a 2 day wait just for a simple question. Please turn off required approvals of posts! Its slows productivity. Please approve this reply :D , its just helpful criticism.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:29 pm 

Thanks for the reply but in the FAQ i am not getting any answers how to audit the Linux machine please help me out for this issue if possible.Really the forum are not helping out as expected....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Apologies about the delay approving posts, but every time we turn it off we get tons of forum spam...

Check my responses in other threads for how to audit a Linux machine.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]