Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: DB empty after upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:42 am 

I am not sure what I did but my DB is now empty! I just updated to the latest svn and after the setup and config my DB is gone!? I have a backup, can I just import this DB? Or did something change that it will not use the old data?

Sorry for the noob question, I am just not sure what I could have done wrong. I have updated before without hiccups.

LDAP: 2 AD Domians, no trust.
I have scheduled audits running from the DCs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 am 

Very strange, you should be able to restore your data, since most of the upgrades simply add new tables. Did you re-run the setup page? You dont need to, and this may have been the reason for the data vanishing. If not I am at a bit of a loss, 'cos this shouldnt ever happen.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 am 

OK, i did the import from my backup and all seems well.

That must have been my fault with running the config again. I see that these config pages change and I thought it may be a good idea to run the config again to address the new settings. Obviously this is not the case. So... does the config file update itself once you set or change those new settings?

LDAP: 2 AD Domians, no trust.
I have scheduled audits running from the DCs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:13 pm 

The Admin > Config page wont drop the database, however if you loose the include_config.php page, then the setup page will re-run to allow you to create a new setup. This will prompt you for database details, and will drop the database (if you select the option to do so).

In other words, if for some reason OA is unusable, simply delete or rename include_config.php and the setup page will run automatically. If you choose NOT to drop the database, at this stage, your data should be preserved, however, always take a backup of everything first. Remember, you can never have too many backups.

Hope this clarifies how things are designed to work. If by any chance you see some other results, then you have probably found a bug. :o Tell us how to replicate it, and we will fix it.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]