Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: OA2 Requests.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:40 am 

Two suggestions.

1) A sticky topic for OAv2 suggestions :)
2) I know this would probably require alot more work, but something I would greatly desire. Make OAv2 stripped down to the core. It simply does Inventory. Then build in a module piece like alot of other open source applications out there. Make each additional add on a module. IE. NMAP additions, Ticketing System, Software Register. This comes from someone that loves OA to death, but never uses the software register, the nmap functionality, or some the new features that might be introduced in OAv2.

This would also spur more custom development by OA users to create their own modules through the open source community to add on. This would also probably speed up OAv2 development, and all the bells and whistles can come as add-on modules later on.

I'm sure there are other people that agree with where I'm coming from. Maybe Not, but then again just a suggestion.

LDAP: Active Directory

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]