Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:21 pm 

Hi people,

First of all, I want to thank the people who put a lot of hard work in this project, from what I've seen so far, this is something to be really proud of. Great work!
But now, the reason I started this thread, I can't seem to get this blasted thing to work :lol:
I've installed XAMPP (like the FAQ said), because that seemed to be the fastest way to get things up and running, and I've used the tortoise SVN application to download the latest version, into my XAMPP/htdocs folder. No problems there.
Next I fired up the old firefox, and loaded the setup page. Everything seemed to load up fine, but when I got to the forth step, I got a warning, but since the page seemed to report the database was created anyway, I pressed Finish, and ended the setup procedure.

When I got to the index.php page, I got the following two errors:
- Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\openaudit\include.php on line 140 (top of the page)
- Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\openaudit\include_functions.php on line 123 (right above the "An update has been found. Click here to upgrade!" notice in the centered table)
At first, I tought there was something wrong with the Mysql service, so I restarted it, which didn't make any difference... The next thing I tried was installing mySQL administrator, and when I looked at the catalogs view, I noticed that the database does exist, only... It contains no tables :?

Does anybody have a clue of what might have gone wrong, and how I might be able to fix it? My Apache and MySQL services are both running, and seem OK.
Oh just to make sure you have the needed info: this is a Windows XP machine, within a Active Directory Domain structure.

Thanks in advance

Jenne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:27 am 
You can try running setup again, and if you get an error, record that. Other option is to import the sql file in the scripts directory into MySQL, which will create the tables for you (this is what setup should do).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:44 am 
Site Admin

As Mike said - you could try running the .sql script 'by hand'... and then editing the include_config.php file and the audit.config file.
It really should just work, though.
Please keep us informed of your progress.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:22 pm 

Manually restoring the database from the SQL code did seem to do the trick. The two warnings are gone now. I'll keep you updated if I notice any other anomalities.
Also, I believe the original message that started all the problems was a warning that the database could not drop the user openaudit. This kinda makes sense, because the user didn't exist yet? But it doesn't make it any clearer what caused the problem.
Anyway, thanks for the support, everything seems to work fine now. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:26 pm 

[quote="jenne_tondeleir"]Manually restoring the database from the SQL code did seem to do the trick. The two warnings are gone now. I'll keep you updated if I notice any other anomalities.
Also, I believe the original message that started all the problems was a warning that the database could not drop the user openaudit. This kinda makes sense, because the user didn't exist yet? But it doesn't make it any clearer what caused the problem.
Anyway, thanks for the support, everything seems to work fine now. :D

I think there might be a slight logic bomb here. SFAIK the setup asks if you want to delete the user if it exists, but I am unsure if the code actually checks to see if the user exists before it attempts to delete it. If the user doesn't exist, and the setup attempts to delete it it will (obviously) error. I don't know for certain that this is the problem, but it makes sense.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]