Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:14 am 

Just recently updated all computers to XP SP3, and now computers without upto date anti-virus do not show up on the start page under: XP SP2 without up to date AntiVirus.

I have very little knowledge of php, or mysql.

Is there a way to change this so it also shows computers with XP SP3, not just computers with XP Sp2?
A computer with XP Sp3 with no anti-virus installed, will not show up under this column.

Thanks,
Craig

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:55 am 

You have an older version of audit.vbs. Either update to the current version or edit your audit.vbs
change
[code]
'''''''''''''''''
' AV Settings '
'''''''''''''''''
if (ServicePack = "2" AND SystemBuildNumber = "2600") then
[/code]

to
[code]
'''''''''''''''''
' AV Settings '
'''''''''''''''''
if ((SystemBuildNumber = "2600" AND CInt(ServicePack) > 1) OR (SystemBuildNumber = "6000")) then
[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:42 pm 

This does not work for me, the column will show all SP2 clients with out of date AV but no SP3 clients, i have downloaded the latest SVN version of audit.vbs and compared it and they are exactly the same, in the AV settings area i have the same code as posted above.

Could it be that something in the actual display side for "XP SP2 without up to date AntiVirus" needs to be updated as well as the audit.vbs?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:52 am 

If you run the Query, "All Antivirus Status", it is correct.
You can use this query as another way to locate your computers without upto date antivirus.

I think we just have to edit the Home page, that is shown when you select: "Show XP Missing AntiVirus on homepage:" on the Config page.

If I get some time at work, I'll see if I can figure what needs to be edited, as I'm hoping it is something really easy to edit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:17 am 

I think I figured it out.

There is a function called: GetDetectedXpAvData, that is contained in index_data.php.

I edited this line for the function GetDetectedXpAvData from:

$sql .= "WHERE (virus_name = '' OR virus_uptodate = 'False') AND (system_service_pack = '2.0') AND system_os_name LIKE 'Microsoft Windows XP%' ";

TO:

$sql .= "WHERE (virus_name = '' OR virus_uptodate = 'False') AND ((system_service_pack = '2.0') OR (system_service_pack = '3.0')) AND system_os_name LIKE 'Microsoft Windows XP%' ";

There is probably a much cleaner way to do this, but this will work for now.

You also might want to edit index.php also, so it reads something like: "XP SP2 or SP3 without up to date AntiVirus"
Search for the phrase "XP SP2" in index.php, Then change it to whatever you like.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:55 am 

Thanks for that, added to SVN. Saved me a lot of head scratching :D

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:17 am 

I updated this query to account for Windows 7:

$sql .= "WHERE (virus_name = '' OR virus_uptodate = 'False') AND ((system_service_pack = '2.0') OR (system_service_pack = '3.0') OR (system_os_name LIKE 'Microsoft Windows 7%') ) AND ((system_os_name LIKE 'Microsoft Windows 7%') OR (system_os_name LIKE 'Microsoft Windows 7%')) ";

OR
Since most Companies are likely are not deploying any XP boxes with at least SP2 already installed, you can probably use a shorter version.

$sql .= "WHERE (virus_name = '' OR virus_uptodate = 'False') AND ((system_os_name LIKE 'Microsoft Windows XP%') OR (system_os_name LIKE 'Microsoft Windows 7%')) ";

It's also good to update the index.php file, I commented out the original version.
if ($show_detected_xp_av == "y")
//DisplaySection('f11',__("XP SP2 without up to date AntiVirus"),'DetectedXpAv','Systems');
DisplaySection('f11',__("Windows 7 and XP without up to date AntiVirus"),'DetectedXpAv','Systems');

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]