Open-AudIT
https://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/

logging / system "merging"
https://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5798
Page 1 of 1

Author:  snue [ Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  logging / system "merging"

i dont know if its (somehow) already included in oav2, but is it possible to track everything that changes for each system? for example, if another person logs in, id like to see something like "21.11.2011 12:20 network user changed to "xxx"", or if any hardware changes are made and so on.

second thought is, when i reinstall a system it usually gets a new UID (right?), but i still want to know what happened with it before that reinstall (the "logs" from the first paragraph), is it possible to "merge" two systems together?

Author:  Mark [ Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: logging / system "merging"

Quote:
i dont know if its (somehow) already included in oav2, but is it possible to track everything that changes for each system?

OAv2 does track everything it audits with change-logs. There are reports to show all changes or specific changes on a group of systems. The changes on an individual system are viewable on a it's details page as well.
Quote:
for example, if another person logs in, id like to see something like "21.11.2011 12:20 network user changed to "xxx"

OAv2 doesn't track user logons, but the principle is exactly this for item's that it does track.
Quote:
when i reinstall a system it usually gets a new UID (right?), but i still want to know what happened with it before that reinstall (the "logs" from the first paragraph), is it possible to "merge" two systems together?

OAv2 uses a combination of UUID (taken from the motherboard/bios) and computer name to determine a distinct system. The UUID will not change - the name might. If your PC has the same name and you want to "keep" the record, it will show up in OAv2 as the same system (with LOTS of changes). If you consider the re-installed PC a new PC, then before the new PC is audited you need to mark the old PC as deleted or retired in it's status (the Status field on the systems details page in OAv2).

Author:  snue [ Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: logging / system "merging"

i meant last logged on user.

do you mean the "changes" report? it doesnt work on my installation, error:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Undefined property: stdClass::$browser

Filename: theme-tango/v_report.php

Line Number: 125


after that only

166 Auto acknowledged by system.

appears

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 10 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/