Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Switch Information
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:33 am 

Would it be difficult to be able to specify how many ports a Switch had and then enter in or some how audit a switch ( Cisco IOS in my case) so that I could create details for each port on the switch such as Port speed/ Vlan/ IP address of device connected to it. Also maybe something that links that port to a audited device.
On a similar note maybe a page where a network range could be added say 192.168.1.1-254 then when mpap was run each address on that page could be filled in with info from nmap.

Right now I have a few documents I keep 1 has all my IP address on it with the name of the device. I am going thru all my switches and documenting what is plugged into what port. I have different VLANs on all the switches and some boxes need specific port speeds etc. It would be great to keep it all in one place. On top of that some of our boxes have multiple nics usually 2 for teaming and 1 for ilo but the new G6 proliants have I think 6 NICS on them.

On a 3rd note I have picked up a book on Mysql and php so I may be able to contribute in the future myself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]