Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:56 pm 

Hi,

Why should we re-invent the wheel as we can use the beatifull frontend from GLPI ([url]http://glpi-project.org[/url]).
Currently GLPI is capable of syncing with OCS inventory (= open source Inventory based system with a agent client installed/running)

As Open-Audit is based onto a non client inventory, it would be great if the audit.vbs script could update the GLPI backend database.
If so we would only have to concentrate on the data getting right, the visual aspect will be handled by GLPI.

What our the general toughts about this ? :?:

Rgds,

LDAP: AD[/size]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

OAv2 will rule !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 pm 
Helper

GLPI is cool, but not a fan of the interface...

Open Audit is simple and much more lightweight to work on that OCS is. Plus better English support :).

Now the only thing I regret is not having the user communityt that ocs has, to create plugins and tie in's to other databases... Thats one thing I would like to see with OA project turn more into, alot more contributors adding addon's and upgrades much more frequently.

</Edit> You can also do the same thing OCS does and create a plugin that basicaly dumps the OA database and imports it into GLPI. </Edit> Shouldnt be the hard.

5% Windows XP
5% Windows 2000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:59 am 
Site Admin

Maybe I should have posted something a little bit more informative... :-)
Well, I don't like either interface (OCS or GLPI) - _but_ it is a matter of personal taste.
I am sure others quite like the interfaces (and I am no user interface guru - so I could quite possibly be totally wrong).

Can anyone point to advantages of OCS + GLPI over Open-AudIT ?
I have a list of features, and am pretty sure OAv2 will eat this combination (OCS + GLPI), but would like some input on what _you_, our users think are killer features that OCS+GLPI have, that Open-AudIT does not have.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:03 pm 

[quote="Mark"]OAv2 will rule !!!!

Hi Mark,

That is indeed the spirit !!!

What are the advantages i like in GLPI/OCS?
1. Submit tickets - Helpdesk - Email integration
2. The OCS Client audits machines extremely fast.
3. I've the feeling that GLPI is connected to the entiry ICT. With: Computers, screens, Software, Networks, Printers, toners (+use), Logging (history), FAQ, ...
4. Export Every screen to PDF/CSV
6. Plugins (which helps growing the community)
7. Language setting based on user settings.

The biggest disadvantage of GLPI is not having is own inventory scanning method.

What are the advantages i like in AO:
1. Not a fancy first page but usefull: New Discovered systems, software, not audit systems...
2. Strong software scanning, reports like: all keys, all services, statistics, ...
3. User friendly software licence register.
4. Backup database (with a auto backup feature this would even better)

What am i missing in both:
Software deploy, where we currently use Purgos [url]http://www.softulz.net/[/url], it would be great if all can be monitored, Audited, Deployed (+ remove software) and logging could be done with one system. :wink:

I'm not sure the that the OA userbase thinks the same about this :?:

Rgds,

LDAP: AD[/size]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]