Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple user levels
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:28 am 

I for one would love to see multiple user accounts with varying levels of access. Most PHP based web sites have this so it should be possible here.

I need to segment off the administrative functions such as adding, deleting, or editing systems and altering the overall settings. I'd rather not rip those functions off the pages and put them all on another page that must be manually typed in which is what I've been doing.

Seems the multiplue user account options are not working quite right anyway and I use Apache not IIS so I can't limit access easily from the server.

If we had a "view only" limited access ability it would help.

Perhaps one of you PHP whizzes can figure that one out, it's still beyond my PHP abilities at this point.

Another thing I've noticed, perhaps it's me or I'm doing something wrong. When I run the audit from a scheduled task it hangs. My nest guess is that the process running the audit cannot connect to the web server since I have "use passwords" enabled. Anyone else noted this? Is there a simple way to pass the user ID and password to the server by the script?

KcmJr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:34 am 
Adding systems does not check for a password. It used to, but not anymore.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]