Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 am 

Hello,

This is probably KISS simple but I thought I would share. I took the newest (trunk) audit_linux.sh script and ran it on one of my CentOS 5 servers. It took me a while to find some good examples on how to run it. Eventually I found some good examples that worked off of Chad Sikorra's website (http://chadsikorra.com/).

Anyway, whenever i ran the script it would leave a text file in the same directory afterwards called hostname.domain.txt. When I tried to delete this file or use the "rm" command on any other file my shell would crash. The long and the short off it was I found that the "rm" command was being hung by the script. I went into the script and found that it was using rm to delete the same file at the end of the script but the alias for rm on my machine is pointing to "rm -i" (prompting you for removal). And therefore it was hung as the script never responded to the prompt.

I found that I could fix this by going to line 676 in the script and replacing:

oa_rm=$(which rm)

with

oa_rm="/bin/rm -f"

I could also change the alias but that might piss off the main linux admin (i'm just a linux noob).

Just wanted to share!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]