Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Linux Audit issue
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 pm 

Not sure if this is just me, but I just tried the audit_linux.sh which I downloaded from the SVN version, and it wouldn't work. It had been convered to DOS format. I converted it back to *nix format and it was fine. Anybody else seen this issue, or had I messed it up myself? :shock:

BTW It audited my new Ubuntu box perfectly.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Post subject: Re: Linux Audit issue
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:30 am 
My guess is that you checked it out on windows and then transferred it to your linux box. I set an svn property on both *_linux.sh files in the script directory so that they should always download with LF end of line characters, regardless of operating system. The previous setting was native, which would be CRLF on windows, and LF on linux.

Post subject: Re: Linux Audit issue
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:31 pm 

[quote="mikeyrb"]My guess is that you checked it out on windows and then transferred it to your linux box. I set an svn property on both *_linux.sh files in the script directory so that they should always download with LF end of line characters, regardless of operating system. The previous setting was native, which would be CRLF on windows, and LF on linux.

Good guess! I actually shared the folder out using samba and then checked it out using Tortoise SVN on my windoze machine, but that seems to have been the cause.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]