Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:57 am 
Contributor

I was testing out the latest svn realease today and had a really tough time trying to get the LDAP logins working correctly. I tried it in Firefox 3, IE6, and IE7 and I had the same issue in all of them. Perhaps I'm not doing something currectly. These are the steps I'm taking ...

1. I use "New Connection" in the LDAP config section in the Admin Config area.
2. Fill in all the details (server name, user name, password)
3. Do a test connection and the bind is successful (However, the DNS suffix and naming context are blank on the test)

[code]
Server connection successful
Default Naming Context:
User DNS Suffix:
LDAP bind successful
[/code]

4. Save the connection and it shows up on my list (How do I name the connection?)
5. I hover over the connection and select to add a path (Is this supposed to be an "ldap://mydomain.com" style or "DC=mydomain,DC=COM" style?).
6. I fill in the path and save it...but it never saves.

I can inspect the ldap_paths table using phpmyadmin and it's empty like it never saved. I can manually create the path entry in that table and associate it with the connection ID number from the ldap_connections table and then the path and connection at least show up correctly in the admin config area. However, if I try to use this connection for authentication my logins keep failing.

I've tried this on a fresh install with a fresh db. I'll probably keep plugging away at it to see if I can find what's causing it.

Anyone have any ideas though?

LDAP: Active Directory 2008 R2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:16 am 

I've been having very similar problems.

Yesterday I was unable to authenticate to test the connection. I came in today and the server was frozen so I rebooted. Now I'm able to test and save the connection, but unable to add any paths.

I am also unsure of what the paths should look like.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:19 pm 
Contributor

[quote="Chad"]4. Save the connection and it shows up on my list (How do I name the connection?)
5. I hover over the connection and select to add a path (Is this supposed to be an "ldap://mydomain.com" style or "DC=mydomain,DC=COM" style?).

Re. 4, You don't name the connection it should use the NetBIOS name of your AD domain.
Re. 5, use "DC=mydomain,DC=COM"

Given that your DNS suffix and naming context are blank on the test, then it looks like an issue retrieving the info from RootDSE. When I get a minute I'll see if I can add some code to handle/diagnose this error more elegantly.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows Server 2003 / Apache 2
Auditing: 1600 Workstations, 200 Servers
OS's: Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows 2003 Server / Windows Vista
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:11 am 

I had been using openaudit on a fedora 9.
Today I installed ubuntu 9.04, mysql, php, and openaudit.
I can't say with any certainty what the problem was inside of fedora. But I am guessing it was related to the ldap.so extension not being loaded into php

I am now able to authenticate through the active directory server.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 pm 
Contributor

Interesting....well, my ldap extension seems to be loading OK, or at least PHP thinks so. I narrowed the issue down to the following line in the GetDefaultNC function.

[code]
$sr = ldap_read($ldap,null,"(defaultnamingcontext=*)",array("defaultnamingcontext"));
[/code]

That causes ldap to return an error of "Operations error". However, I can craft a RootDSE query using openldap utilities and it returns the results fine. It's odd because if I put in the code to do a bind before that line of code, then I don't get the "Operations error" anymore, but it still doesn't return any info. Maybe I'll throw together a different linux box to install OA on to see if the same thing happens, because it works fine from an XAMPP on Windows XP setup.

LDAP: Active Directory 2008 R2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 am 

We're using Open-AudIT on CentOS 5.2 and had the same Problem. Today, after spending a lot of time in it, I was able to solve this. Maybe this will help you, too:
Go to /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and comment out the BASE-Line. That's it.
Found via http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=29587

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]