Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:42 pm 

I ran into a wget error "Argument list too long" when running audit_linux.sh on a server with a lot of log files & other info. The error is on line 2118 of audit_linux.sh

The original code that causes the error:

[code]
oa_audit_result="'$($oa_cat $ReportFile)'"
$oa_wget $oa_wget_certificates --delete-after --post-data="submit=submit&add=$oa_audit_result" $non_ie_page
[/code]

I switched wget to using --post-file and that fixed it as --post-file doesn't run into the same command line argument length limit as --post-data does. Here's the code:

[code]
echo "submit=submit&add=" | cat - $ReportFile > /tmp/oareport.out && mv /tmp/oareport.out $ReportFile
$oa_wget $oa_wget_certificates --delete-after --post-file=$ReportFile $non_ie_page
[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:28 am 
Contributor

Thanks for the example. I actually saw this a while back and I think I messed around with the --post-file option but never got it to work for some reason. I bet it was something stupid I was doing...lol. Anyways, I did it a little differently because I hate creating temporary files

Now I just have it doing ...

[code]
$oa_sed -i '1s/^/submit=submit\&add=/' "$ReportFile"
$oa_wget $oa_wget_certificates --delete-after --post-file="$ReportFile" $non_ie_page
[/code]

You must have a large amount of log files for that to cause this...haha. Anyways, I thought this would allow me to audit all packages on my machine now but even though they all end up in the report file before being submitted, only a few packages actually show up once it gets entered in Open-AudIT. Not too sure what's going on there, kinda wish it would've worked now.

Btw - I keep an updated script at http://chadsikorra.com/audit_linux.sh if you want one with the changes in it already. I've fixed a few issues since it went into SVN, but not too much.

LDAP: Active Directory 2008 R2

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:41 pm 

I found it easier to prepend required POST arguments to Result file while starting to create it. Patch here: [url]http://www.gmc.lt/~kaspar/open-audit-wget-fix.diff[/url].

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]