Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:17 am 

Did you know you can ask BabelFish to translate these FAQs to many different languages.

This trick works with almost any web page, but do bear in mind that active content, private (intranet) pages and pages that can only be seen once you have logged in to a web site wont always work.

Also bear in mind this is a machine translation, so it may be slightly "odd".

Simply follow this link. (right click in Firefox and open in a new tab)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Next cut and paste the URL of the page you want to translate into the bottom selection box on the babelfish page. Dont forget to select the language you wat to translate to or from in the drop down list.

Try pasting in this link for example...

http://www.open-audit.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1393

Click the Translate box and the page will magically appear in the new language.

I cannot vouch for the quality of the translated pages, but they are good enough tofigure out the meaning of the original.

Bear in mind that babelfish will translate EVERYTHING including variable names, which may then appear incorrectly (i.e.in the translated language) on the translated page.

8)

Something spooky thing to try. On the translation, click on any links you find, Babelfish will load up the translation of THAT page next... now that is smart :o

One final trick, suppose you want to a ask a question, and your english is not "the best", you could risk using the other box on the babelfish page to type in your question, translate it, and past the results into the relevant forum.

Once again, the result might be some-what odd, but lets face facts, it will be a whole lot better than my rather feeble efforts to write in Spanish or Danish or even press my smattering of German into service. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]