Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:52 pm 

OK. Assuming we don't have a stray uuid_type setting somewhere in your audit.vbs script I suppose it's possible that we're getting the default UUID rather than MAC address because the code is having trouble getting your network card's MAC address.

Make sure you're on the [url=http://open-audit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/open-audit/trunk/?view=tar]latest OpenAudit code from SVN[/url]. Then run a "cscript audit.vbs" on one of the problem machines and post the output here. Maybe that will have something helpful in it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:13 am 

Wheeww.. I'm done reloading the updated openaudit trunk files and the result was just the same.. so what I did, I was thinking on checking first the local UUID's on each of my problematic workstations.. what I just found out that 9 of my cloned workstations (Win 7 64bit) are having with the same UUID assigned.

Now, i want to test it thru "mac" or "name" settings for my uuid_type since the "uuid" is now having conflicts on my cloned workstations.

Question, how would i determine the result if i set my uuid settings to "mac" or "name"? Does it make changes from the UUID name something like 03000200-0400-0500-0006-000700080009 then transform into MAC ADDRESS? like 00:22:11:33:E2:01? sorry i'm confused.

Thank you again..
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:37 am 

If you have uuid_type set to "uuid" it will use the system UUID value. If you have it set to "mac" it will try to use the first valid network card's MAC address. If you set it to name it will use the system name.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:45 am 

I don't have idea on how will i noticed the result if I will be using the "mac" or "name" for my uuid type of settings. I already tried to run both of it, but seems i dont see any changes on the test machine to see if really my uuid_type is performing like the "uuid" has..

Thank you again JPA, for keeping your effort on my issue..
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:15 am 

I already figured out the problem and it was on my cloned desktops that we bought lately.. i don't know why they have the same uuid assign after I installed it with OS. But for those branded desktops i have, seems all their uuid assign are unique even how many times I reinstalled it with OS.

Is there other way where I can still resolve this problem? The only uniqueness that I have on both of my cloned and branded desktops are their mac addresses and assign host names..

I'm really still hoping that this issue can be resolve in time..

Thank you so much again for your inputs..
Ed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 am 

Edit your audit.config file with the following settings making sure there is only one of each line in the audit.config file:
[code]
input_file = ""
audit_local_domain = "n"
online = "n"
uuid_type = "mac"
[/code]

Log on to a Windows box as a user that has administrative permissions on the target machines you wish to audit. Open a command prompt in your scripts directory or wherever you have your audit.vbs and audit.config files. Run your audit with "cscript audit.vbs TARGETMACHINE" and you should get a new file in the directory named "TARGETMACHINE.txt". Run the script with a different TARGETMACHINE but one that has the same UUID value as the first. Post the first 10 lines of both TARGETMACHINE.txt file here.

Post the first 10 lines of each file!! I'm serious; post them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:14 am 

Jpa, I haven't yet tried to perform your comment above, but i will have it test if I got the chance and surely post the result here..

What i have done already, was I able to revise all the local UUID on those duplicated cloned workstations. And after all the UUID revisions, all of my cloned workstations now are running normal in OpenAudit.

I got this useful link, which applicable also for those who want to try on editing their SMBIOS for UUID modification..
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/archiv ... 25b4737cc9

Thank you so much JPA for spending your spare time to my thread..

Ed

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2