Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:47 am 

Hi there,

I just started looking into using OA. Checked out SVN, server is running, everything is going well so far. I spent most of the day digging around source code and forums.

As I understand it, when using online = "yesxml" audit.vbs posts XML containing the audit results to admin_pc_add_2.php

Is that XML documented somewhere? Or could someone give me an example the text that admin.vbs posts to admin_pc_add_2.php?

I think it may help me troubleshoot some problems I am running into.

Thanks,

Barry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:19 am 

[quote="barry"]Is that XML documented somewhere?
No. You need to review the code.

[quote="barry"]Or could someone give me an example...Set online="n" to get text dump files of what is sent to OpenAudit. Or set

[code]
online="p"
ie_visible = "y"
ie_auto_submit = "n"
[/code] to have IE post the results interactively.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:34 am 

Thanks, but I'd really like to see that XML. I will try to dig it out and post something here. Seems to me it ought to be documented.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 am 

My explanation was two ways of getting what the audit script sends to the OpenAudit server. And even though the option says "yesxml" what is sent is not XML. The audit script audits the machine info and then packages it up for consumption by admin_pc_add_2.php. You need to review the admin_pc_add_2.php for what OpenAudit will accept.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:22 am 

OK. Got it.

Someone ought to update this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1393

This statement is very misleading:
"Actually we post an XML formatted page using either a direct xml post, or by hooking into the local web browser and using that to post."

After reading the above, I thought this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3702 was saying that online="n" is not the same output as is posting to admin_pc_add_2.php, but now I understand that audit.vbs does not post XML.

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification.

Barry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:28 pm 

No problem. Documentation is a bit sketchy for OpenAudit. Documentation is a lot of work. :D

When using OpenAudit it helps to read the code. It's a pain and not everyone can do it but sometimes that's the best or only way to figure it out. The OpenAudit community isn't huge like some projects.

To confuse you a bit more the new OpenAudit V2 alpha uses XML formatted input.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]