Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: question about audit.vbs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm 

Hi OA users!
I have a question about audit.vbs
why i have a line with the path to the OA server or the ip address and when i execute this vbs script this create a file called audit.conf that have a different ip or hostname path ???
I have this runing for the vpn user and for local user. The local user have the path to the local ip addres in the audit.vbs and the vpn user have the dmz ip address in the audit.vbs
I suppose that the file audit.conf is genarated from the server if not found in the local computer with the parameter that i put in the server.But how can i do this work without send the audit.conf to the user attached with the audit.vbs ??
Thz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 am 

If you connect to the OA server from a remote PC, you can chose the option Audit My Machine from the Admin menu.

This will send a preconfigured audit.vbs to the workstation. You can save this to a local path, and then run it, wherupon it will create a local audit.config in the same folder you saved the vbs script and audit the machine. You can then run the audit.vbs any time you like on that machine and it will send its results to the server, no need to download it from the server again.

That's pretty much it, you can of course set up audit.vbs in the startup program group, (if the VPN is up before the user logs on) or place it somewhere and set up a scheduled task to run it at a specific time, but I will leave that up to you.

If you want to audit a domain, for which these remote machines are members, then so long as they are attachec to your VPN and routable, you can use the domain audit function. For more ino. on domain audits, see the FAQs.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 am 

HI!
I have not the option audit my machine in the admin menu. In the admin menu I have this option:
config

add a system
delete a system
backup database
restore database

In the add system menu i have to add the file created by the audit.vbs. But i do not want that! I want to do it automatic. If the admin panel has the option audit my machine will be great! Because i can guide to the different user to go there a press that option to scan yours own machine!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]