Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Would you support Advertisements inside Open-AudIT
Yes, that's fine 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
No, I would stop using OA 28%  28%  [ 10 ]
No, I would not stop using OA, but I wouldn't like it 64%  64%  [ 23 ]
I don't care 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 36
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:54 pm 

Certainly would be interested, but you will need to speak to Mark.
If you can PM him, we can arrange this in a more secure manner.

"Beer money" for the individual developers can be posted through Sourceforge (to those who accept donation.. those who don't yet.... set it up guys, you never know someone might just send you some money). See http://sourceforge.net/project/memberli ... _id=160594

Since Mark is in charge, you would be best speaking to him first. (He is a little busy at the moment, think there might be nappies involved :? ).

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:37 pm 
Helper

yea ... will wait til he is free no rush

Auditing: 1143 machines
LDAP: Active Directory
Support Open-Audit : [url]http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2990#p13523[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:05 am 

I'm new around here but I feel the same way as most... ads on the site are ok, inside the code not so ok. Sounds like many folks here have access to either hardware/connection resources or a chunk of a budget. Between users donating resources for hosting etc, and people/organizations donating cash, I think you'll be better off financially than trying to scrape a few bucks from ads. The risk of OpenAudIT being labeled as "adware" or otherwise having it's reputation damaged isn't worth the minute revenue the ads would generate in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 am 

Just please give me a way to buy out of the ads.

maybe the free version could have them but please give me a why to buy or donate so I could get a version that didn't have them.

in my environment only the administrators are able to look at the page so 5 web savvy people are not going to help your cause to get hits. And google ads is very unreliable for what kind of content would be on the page at any one time. Much of it may not be desirable for you to be associated with.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2