Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm 

Well, I am slowly rolling the Open-AudIT system out to the sites i work at. These are a few things I have noticed whilst doing so, I have browsed through the bugs section, and I think a few of these points are covered, But I am not sure what is / isn't fixable, or what others have / haven't encountered, so I figured I would post it in general:

Sorry if any of it has been reported previously.

The configuration i am using as as follows:
Server 2003 running IIS 6.0 and PHP v5.2.4 MySQL v 5.0.26

Running Open AudIT v20061222

When I run setup.php, I sometimes (not always, which is odd, as I have set the system up the same each time) get an error that:
include_config.php
scripts/audit.config
Are not writeable (Seeing as i am on windows, the chmod message is roughly useless to me.. at least I know its a permissions error)
So, i set the IIS_Guest account for the local system to have "Modify" access to those 2 files (and change it back when I am done).

Except, include_config.php does not exist until setup has ran successfully, I spent a few minutes looking for it, even downloaded the .zip again, no luck. I eventually realised what must happen, and created it manually, and gave it the correct settings. Setup now ran fine.

the system comes back to the Main Page, with a message:
"An upgrade is availible"

I then have to logon to MySQL via the command prompt, and manually execute the open_audit.sql file:
mysql db_name < open_audit.sql
(note: I temporarily move open_audit.sql into the BIN directory when I do this, as it saves having to deal with folder paths)

It executes, and when I go back to the main page of Open AudIT, the message about an upgrade is gone.

Before the .sql has been ran manually, The database contains no tables, so obviously nothing gets added.

That about covers it, after all of this, I have a completely working system.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:19 pm 
Yeah, the setup you have is not working properly. It has since been fixed, but there hasn't been a release since then (most people have been using svn to keep current). And yes, those files need write access by the server, and creating the include_config.php is the correct procedure if the webserver itself cannot. I purposely didn't include a file by that name so that upgrades can more easily be dropped on top of the existing system.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]