Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:26 pm 

[quote="jsingh"][quote="A_Hull"]Am I missing the obvious here, surely we should be logging all three things. username ntdomain and activedirectorydomain since all three are useful to us. :shock:

true. can we revert back to single "\", to how it was before? the double "\\" is rather irritating :(

jason

OK I have put things back to DOMAIN\User (at the risk of starting a flame war :twisted: ) in SVN 950 can we all try this and see what problems it produces, we can then address those issues separately.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:07 pm 

Ok.. I have confirmed that changing the php.ini to turn magic quotes on does create the "\\" issue... So I leave this one up to the developers to figure out... Either some one needs to state somewhere in the install instructions that this option needs to be turned on in the php.ini or we should figure someting else out... For now I am able to leave this on only because I have this on a pc that is doing nothing but Open-Audit.. This is only fo rmy initial testing... I plan to move this to our web server so pc can be audited whether they are inside or outside of my network... I do not beleive I will be able to turn on magic quotes on my web servers' php.ini becuase there are other apps running on there already and I would not like to break them...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:46 pm 

How is the latest SVN, problem still there, or not?

OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:22 am 

Ok... I've just finally started using the audit.vbs from this version (961 I think)... It seems that although all this great stuff has been added to the audit, but now this ugly backslash issue is all over the place... Are you going to require this "Magic Quotes" setting to be used or are you trying to find a solution that will work another way... Currently without the "MAgic Quotes" setting turned on like the previous posted suggested then every username and file path shows up without backslahses... Please can we settle this once and for all and tell us what your official stance is on this???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 pm 

A couple of points,

My PHP.INI looks like this (the defaults for XAMPP)
[code]
; Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data.
magic_quotes_gpc = On

; Magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_runtime = Off

; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ' with '' instead of \').
magic_quotes_sybase = Off
[/code]

I still think however we should be keeping the information separately, i.e. NT Domain, Username and AD username as individual fields, then we can then recombine the NTdomain and Username without having to worry about saving \ characters anywhere. The alternative would be to save the data as NTDOMAIN@@@USERNAME or similar and then reconstitute the original on request (which is slightly clumsy).

Whichever we do, we will need to re-write the code (assuming that the latest version is still not working)

I am using SVN version 987, so can you update to this point, but leave your PIP.INI as is, and let me know if the issue is still there. Thanks.

BTW I don't have the issue.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:34 am 
Open-AudIT Fellow

Also, let us know what platform are you having this issue on (OS, web server, MySql and PHP versions): I can't reproduce it (no issues at all on MS platforms, both on IIS or XAMPP).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:31 am 

This is IIS, with a manual install of PHP, and MYSQL...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:40 am 
Open-AudIT Fellow

If you didn't use a server OS (as it seems from previous posts), I suggest installing PHP 5.2.x as ISAPI module (faster than CGI) with IIS 6 on a W2k3 SP2 server, instead of a client OS. You shouldn't have this kind of issue.
For development or testing (and faster setup), run XAMPP (or WAMP) on your pc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3