Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: BgInfo
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:19 pm 

I don't know if anyone will care but me but I am tasked with tracking inventory for my whole domain around 1000 pcs. While i must admit Open-Audit wasn't exactly what i was looking for it has grown on me and now i can't see going a day here without having it. That being said we run a logon script that runs bginfo (free from sysinternals does alot that audit.vbs does maybe more maybe less) that point i am using it for is to log when each user logs into their machine and what users logs in. We have been having problems with people with local administrator rights screwing around. So i added a Logon Trail to the users and groups list view and also added logon actions to the search. And i added the last login time and last user to login to the main summary page. The logon trail is a list of all the users and times that a logged onto a single machine. I know that will get to be pretty large just haven't worked out the page kinks yet. Ohh and when you search for a host name or serial it will show a result for the LAST login and a time field was added to search results. I know it might not be great but someone else wants a look see i will show you what i have. Just remember this is the first PHP mySQL programming i have done since my college class a year or so ago.

And yes i must agree with most. Open-AudIT is a really great application

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:10 am 

[quote]
And yes i must agree with most. Open-AudIT is a really great application

Thanks for that. :D

Any mods to Open Audit are always welcome. I have been looking at the possibility of gleaning just the last login via Active Directory, if you have a recent SVN version, switch on Show Full AD details under LDAP settings on the Admin page, then click on a Machine, click the user, and you will see amongst other things the last AD login. I would be interested in seeing the code you have used.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:53 am 

It wasn't that hard with bginfo (tried using the LDAP functionality and couldn't get it to work) i just told bginfo to post it's data to the bginfo table in the openaudit database (bginfo creates bginfotable OHHH and it is a general collelation and swedish which i had to swich) but then i added my own sql queries Left join and In(selects) and i use the Max() function to recieve that last login. ) I also had to change the remote functions at the bottom of the summary because we don't allow any of that but we do have NetSupport so i wrote a txt file to create and Open Netsupport script. But if you would like to see how i coded the user logons i will be more than happy to send or post it but keep in mind i am not the php coding guru that you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:06 am 

I was also asked to provide a way to track user's login activity. The way I accomplished it was by using a dll that had to be registered on remote computers, p_getlastinput.dll. Then I wrote a login vbs script for domain users that tracked when they logged on, went idle, when they logged off, which computer they were on, etc, and wrote that data to an MSSQL database.

I also wrote a php interface that could easily be integrated with openaudit. I'd be happy to provide all the code for it if you have any interest of continuing your project, or if you need any ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:38 am 

I would like to look at it. If nothing else but to see how it works in comparison. And where did you get the dll from? Is there a way to see the code it is based off of. I know with mine I didn't have to install anything the logon script runs the bginfo for us. but with netsupport it shouldn't be that hard to register a dll on all machines. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:58 am 

yeah i really like your idea for the bginfo, i wish I had thought of that. I'll get all the source code for you tomorrow, but it's really not that pretty. Can you PM me your email so I don't have to host it?

The .dll simply allows the system to query the last time a keyboard stroke or mouse move/click occured. That was the basis behind my script. This had the advantage of showing us idle times as well as log ins/outs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 am 

being that I can't code for crap I am interested in this discussion because being able to track login and logout would be great...

Even more that can be added is what I'm interested in... I really like how OA is getting a lot of options and has a lot of options...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:29 pm 

it isn't that hard. We just run bginfo as a logon script and it posts it's data back to OA and i think i only wrote 20 lines of code to add it to OA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]