Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can I help?
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:35 pm 

I just found OA (recently WINventory) and love the potential this idea has. I've just recently started a small company and even with just 8 workstations, it is becoming more and more of a nightmare to administer them.

So far I have WINventory up and running (however some of the features aren't working "out-of-the-box" ... like Actions on PCs and so forth). Hacking around I've managed to make what I need at the moment work but I would love to see this go much further. Moreover, a lot of the remote tasks must be done from Windows and I think running them from a Unix box - where I already have the xAMP stack running - would be a huge benefit (atleast for me).

Testing, coding, designing, anything I can help with please let me know!

Thanks for a great piece of software,
--mgb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:40 pm 
Anything you want to do is cool. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:57 pm 

From what I've read on the forums, only a select few are beta-testing the first release of OA. Guess I'll have to wait until something is released.

In the meantime, I've been hacking around with WINventory and have been trying to get some of the ps tools working on *nix but using WINE :( These are just quick fixes until the problem can be researched more.

--mgb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:31 am 
You'll likely have major issues trying to get them to work. I believe they work using WMI, which has yet to be implemented in regards to connecting to windows boxes from linux.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

I have been working on a procedure.
It involves installing OpenSSH on a Windows Domain Member. From there, a bash script is used to connect, and run the VBScript on the Windows machine. I have documented it - and it does seem to be going to work. I just wish I had time to work on OA more. See my post in the 'new site' thread about how much I've been working lately... grumble, grumble... Anyone want to "Sponsor" me to work on this full time ??? :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]