Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:58 pm 
Contributor

every morning I seem to have a couple of new phantom "computers" in OA2 (ver 2.0.8 ) with bare minimum info, all useless. Any idea whats' going on? Overnight I have @ 400 systems being audited, hundreds of windows systems audited from my workstation using batch files, and hundreds of linux running the script locally from /etc/cron.daily/

Attachments:
OA2error.JPG
OA2error.JPG [ 72.63 KiB | Viewed 10685 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 am 

You might be able to review the various logs for errors. I would cheat and change my audit script batch to add the last_seen_by parameter and pass in something like "audit-computername" where computername is the name or ip of the specific device being audited.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:29 am 
Contributor

From the gui, the system logs doesn't have any details on the scans, & the access log doesn't have anything. Are there some other logs that I can check? Not sure how to do that batch thing, will keep digging for more info. The batch file I use for windows just has line after line with

cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.60.62.138 >>I:\temp\vlan62a%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%.txt

so it uses the same .vbs but I will look in the output files and try to match the time on these phantom computers to see if it's some of the windows IP's causing this

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Can you take the device ID (from the URL, ie /devices/123) and run the below.
Windows[code]c:\xampplite\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u openaudit -popenauditpassword openaudit -e "SELECT * FROM system WHERE `id` = INSERT_ID_HERE;"[/code]
Linux[code]mysql -u openaudit -popenauditpassword openaudit -e "SELECT * FROM system WHERE `id` = INSERT_ID_HERE;"[/code]
And post the output here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 pm 

What Mark wrote and... my stab at it. Mark's stuff gives you everything OpenAudit has in the system table for a given device. I'm hoping that last_seen_by is coming from the script input and we can modify that to find problem devices.

Something like:
[code]cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.60.62.138 last_seen_by=audit_10.60.62.138 >>I:\temp\vlan62a%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%.txt[/code]
This will pollute your last_seen_by field so don't do this if you don't want that to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:55 am 
Contributor

when I try this command:

mysql -u openaudit -popenauditpassword openaudit -e "SELECT * FROM system WHERE `id` = 557;"

I get this error:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t' at line 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 am 
Contributor

Update I got it to run by just running the first part to get into MariaDB, then ran the command. Here is a screenshot of the results

Attachments:
OA-557 (Small).JPG
OA-557 (Small).JPG [ 118.64 KiB | Viewed 10656 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:51 pm 
Contributor

I upgraded to version 2.0.10 yesterday, and this morning didn't find any new phantom computers. Thank you for that fix!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]