Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

So I just uploaded v2. This has been 8 months in the making. Just a little bit of work has gone into this one :-)

I cannot understate how much of a change this is. It DOES NOT WORK LIKE THE OLD VERSIONS. If you have ANY doubts, please do not upgrade. I'll monitor the forums and Opmantek Questions sites as much as I can in the coming days. If you have bugs or questions, ask away.

Going forward this new code allows us to iterate on new features much faster. We're planning some killer new stuff very soon. Stay tuned for details there.

We now have Open-AudIT Community / Professional / Server. Community is as always, free and open source. Professional is a new product. It has most of the Enterprise features. Most commercial users will migrate to this product. Enterprise has some very specific Enterprise features. Combining Roles and LDAP / Active Directory authorization not being the least of them. Baselines and Files are also Enterprise specific. All commercial customers should be receiving an email (if you haven't already) with the details.

We still offer the free 20 device license. This is now a Professional license.

The below command is your friend. We run this as part of the upgrade, but it's something you should do on a regular basis anyway (backups are good, yes).

[code]mysqldump -u openaudit -popenauditpassword openaudit > openaudit_backup.sql[/code]
I'll be making release notes and much more tomorrow. For now, Groups have been deprecated as a means of access. It is now Roles based. A user has Roles. Those Roles can perform various actions. The User also has access to a list of Orgs. They can perform the roles actions on items that belong to the Org(s) they have access to.

So Groups out, Roles + Orgs in.

Your Group and Query definitions will need to change. We back them up into the open-audit/other/oa_group_backup.sql file (and oa_report_backup.sql) so you won't lose them. But they won't appear. You'll need to make new ones. If you need a hand, just post here.

So, so, so much more to cover. Much more information to come. Don't forget about the wiki - [url]https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home[/url]. That is the primary source of documentation and information.

For now, I'm going home (another 12 hour day). I'll post with updates and links to wiki pages tomorrow (my time). If you're ready, please do give v2 a chance. It is awesome.

Good times ahead.

Mark.

Release Notes - [url]https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Release+Notes+for+Open-AudIT+v2.0.1[/url].
Wiki page with updated articles - [url]https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home[/url].

UPDATE - I've released a new version of 2.0.2 this morning (2017-07-13 9am Brisbane, Australia time, GMT +10). There was a bad breaking bug in audit_windows.vbs. Apologies for any inconvenience. Please install this new release ASAP to avoid this and a couple of other bugs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]