Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 pm 

Hellow everyone,

First of all: I'm working with a Windows 7 virtual machine on an ESX-Server(6.0) and OpenAudIT 1.8.4

I have the problem that when I do a Active Directory Discovery, I get the message: "Jan 11 08:54:22 OPENAUDIT-PC 1864 5 U:Open-AudIT Enterprise C:main F:get_count I:127.0.0.1 M:open-audit_enterprise Active Directiry failed verification (html request)", in the Log.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 am 

first things first, I have no idea if this is accurate, I've never seen the error before, nor do I know anything of the development of openaudit.

That said:
[quote]
get_count I:127.0.0.1 M:open-audit_enterprise Active Directiry failed verification (html request)", in the Log.

These are the two things I'd look into first. Did you enter the correct IP range and openaudit server IP? Are you sure about the credentials?

My apologies if this is completely besides the issue, just my guess on where to look

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:27 pm 

Thanks for your toughts. I think I entered the correct IP-addresses.

But I am still not sure:
I use Open-AudIT on a virtual machine. Is the Open-AudIT IP address the same as the ip address of the virtual
machine? Or does Open-AudIT generate an own IP itself?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:28 pm 

[quote="sassone_dsa"]Thanks for your toughts. I think I entered the correct IP-addresses.

But I am still not sure:
I use Open-AudIT on a virtual machine. Is the Open-AudIT IP address the same as the ip address of the virtual
machine? Or does Open-AudIT generate an own IP itself?

The open-Audit IP address is the one of the virtual machine; as far as I know, open-Audit is just an application, and makes no changes to the network settings.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

[code]Active Directory failed verification (html request)[/code]
This is an error from signing on to Open-AudIT while you have Activate Directory configured to verify the username and password.
Discovery of Active Directory is completely different and unrelated to this error.
Please read the wiki pages:
[url]https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/How+to+Enable+Active+Directory+User+Validation+to+login+in+to+Open-AudIT[/url]
[url]https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/How+to+audit+an+Active+Directory+domain[/url]
They should clear things up for you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]