Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:18 pm 

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to Open-AudIT. I'm an apprentice for informatics and I have the job, to learn and find out how OpenAudIT works.
My Problem:I have already discovered our Active Directory, now I have all our PC's and Servers in OpenAudIT but without the IP Adress. I've read in the documentation that I think I have to do a Subnet-Discovery, but it doesn't work. All I get in the log is: "".I've already tried to select all the PC's (Edit) and select to run a IP-Discovery. Can Anyone help? What exactly do I have to do/change in the configs to get the IP Adresses of our computers/servers?
I once did it I guess, but I got only like 1 PC in OA. In the documentation it says that Menu -> Admin -> Discover -> Discover a Subnet is the right Tab but i can't find it anymore.

I apology for my bad english but I hope you understood everything.

I'm working with a Windows 7 virtual machine on an ESX-Server(6.0) and OpenAudIT 1.8.4

Thanks for your help. If you need any more Informations just tell me what you need to know :D

-S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:22 am 

You'll need to review the How To - Discovery section of the [url=https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home]Documentation[/url]. To begin with you'll want to use the [url=https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/How+to+use+Open-AudIT+Discovery+on+a+Subnet]How to use Open-AudIT Discovery on a Subnet[/url] information.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]