Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:20 am 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:41 am
Posts: 204
Location: Massachusetts
Hi-
Not sure when this started but recently I was asked to run some reports on installed software. Unable to generate this report with Community and Enterprise editions, error is the same and attached. Running version 1.6.2
thanks

p.s. I deleted all alerts but no change, issue still exists


Attachments:
OAE-Reset.JPG
OAE-Reset.JPG [ 56.11 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]
OAC-Reset.JPG
OAC-Reset.JPG [ 58.88 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]

_________________
Server Info: running on a CentOS 7 vm
OA Version: 2.0.6 @ 500 devices


Last edited by shanimal on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:48 am
Posts: 1944
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I'd suspect it's timing out.
How many computers (Win / Lin / OSX / AIX / etc) in your DB?
A linux PC can have literally a couple of thousand of software entries.

I am working on enabling paging in dataTables. Hence the front end would request 10 / 100 / 1000 rows at a time and be much more responsive. Currently it simply downloads ALL rows to the browser - which if there are 10's of thousands.....

You could look at the php.ini and extend the timeouts. Specifically check out max_execution_time and memory_limit. And naturally you can always throw more hardware at it :-)

Another thing to check is the non-current rows in the database. You can see them on the menu -> Admin -> Database Maintenance page. You can also click the X icon and delete them.

_________________
Support and Development hours available from Opmantek.
Please consider a purchase to help make Open-AudIT better for everyone.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:56 pm 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:41 am
Posts: 204
Location: Massachusetts
I think that was it. We have @ 500 systems and 25 of those are RHEL and I added most of these recently which probably caused this. I changed the timeout, bumped up the memory setting, and fixed the timezone in the php.ini and restarted apache, now I have access to installed software list again. You are correct, the list is huge. Thank you

_________________
Server Info: running on a CentOS 7 vm
OA Version: 2.0.6 @ 500 devices


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group