Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:26 am 

Is it possible to import XML from the audit script on the Linux command line or automate it in some way instead of using the web interface to add device details?

Our OA server is on an internal network so doesn't have an external IP for the audit script to post back to, and we would prefer not to set up SSH access for OA to connect to each server (for security), thus importing from an XML file would be the preferred option.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be gratefully received.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 am 

Presumably you've got a pile of XML audit files. You need a script to iterate over that pile, modify them a bit and post to the server. The audit_linux.sh script has the post and file creation code at line 1639. It looks like you'll need to tack on "form_systemXML=" at the beginning, change "+" to "%2B" and then wget using the code at line 1645.

We run Windows here so I can't help much with an actual script.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:56 am 
Site Admin

I would be happy to create such a script. This is why I work for Opmantek and exactly what I do. Please contact me at marku@opmantek.com as we can run through your requirements an an estimate.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm 

Thanks both for your responses.

This sounds easy enough to implement, so we will do it internally but if we need any further assistance will contact Opmantek as you suggest Mark. If we created a command line XML import script is this something you would want to include in the project?

Thanks,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Chris - we would definitely love to include that. We did have one many years ago for a previous version, but I never rewrote it for the new Open-AudIT.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]