Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:58 pm 

Hi,

In order to try and keep track of machines, and in particular which ones are being used and which are spare/under repair or only occasionally used, I often change the status to 'Maintenance' or 'Retired'. However I have noticed that when a machine is then back on the network and gets audited, OA seems to create a new entry for that machine rather than updating the old entry. As a result, with some machines regularly changing status, I now seem to have multiple listings for the same machines.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be doing something else to seperate these machines - using some other field or category for instance?

I'd really like to permanently delete these duplicate entries from the database (not just mark them as deleted). Is there any way I can do that?

Cheers,
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 am 

It looks like OpenAudit ignores anything which isn't Production when looking to see if a system is already in the database. You'll need to use a different field and custom queries to separate your target machines.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:02 am 
Site Admin

JPA is correct.
I haven't really expanded on the "status" field other than that. It's very binary - production or not production.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:07 pm 

OK thanks, I was afraid it might be something like that. I'll look to use another field and custom query as suggested.

Being a bit OCD, is there any way I can delete the duplicates from the database, rather than just hiding them? Some kind of query I can run on myphpadmin or something?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:30 am 

Yes, but I couldn't find anything in the documentation. I didn't look that hard.

You can use [url=http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6120&p=21878&hilit=delete+system#p21863]these functions[/url]:
[code]There are two functions for this that are not made available in the menus.
SERVER/index.php/admin_db/get_non_production_systems
SERVER/index.php/admin_db/delete_non_production_systems[/code]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:34 pm 

That looks perfect - I shall give it a go, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Set status to non production. Then go to menu - Admin - Database - Maintenance. Can delete them in there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:14 am 

I've been using OpenAudit for quite a while and Mark keeps slipping in new stuff while I'm giving out ancient advice. I should review stuff a bit more when he drops a new version.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:24 am 
Site Admin

I do post Release Notes for each version on the [url=https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home]wiki[/url].
Not absolutely everything makes it in there though, mainly the major items.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]