Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:59 pm 

Do you know why when I make an audit, it charges so much CPU? What is the optimal number of computers on which we can make an audit at the same time? When I was making an audit for 25 computers at the same time, CPU was 100% used. When I changed settings to 5 compters I can an improvement, but it is still 3/4 of the CPU.

It seems that OpenAudit shouldn't use so much CPU. Do you have any solution for it? isn't it possible to make an audit at the same time for 25 computers?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure why cscript uses as much CPU as it does.
I used to audit 20 systems at a time and yes, I did see high CPU use.

You can have the audits be performed by computers that are not the Open-AudIT server (I call them audit hosts). They run the audits and post the results back to the OA server. This lessens the load on the server and you can spread out the number of audits between audit hosts. For example, I used to audit two separate domains workstations only from two separate audit hosts and send the results to the OA server. I also used to audit those domains servers separately at night from those two audit hosts.

Also see this thread - [url]http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/fd929c15-758a-4595-9d41-c7875d9d5970/cscript-generating-high-performance-usage[/url]

And here - [url]http://blogs.technet.com/b/jonathanalmquist/archive/2009/08/27/cscript-spikes-cpu-even-with-version-5-7.aspx[/url]

Let us know if you fix the issue :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:34 pm 

I've upgraded WSH to 5.7 but it didn't help so much, but I will try to make an audit from the host computer and we will see.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]