Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 am 
Contributor

Hi folks,
I'm trying to update a Group, but everytime I make and submit a change, I get this error, and the report ends up breaking (no longer selects records). Any help would be appreciated,
Alberto

[code]A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1136

Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO oa_group_sys (system_id, group_id, group_sys_type) SELECT distinct(system.system_id) FROM system WHERE system.system_id = system.system_id AND manufacturer LIKE '%Dell%' AND system.man_status = 'production' AND system.timestamp = system.timestamp

Filename: C:\wamp\www\code_igniter\system\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 330[/code]

edit: Changed subject to [Bug]

Last edited by el_geto on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

[code]INSERT INTO oa_group_sys (system_id, group_id, group_sys_type) SELECT distinct(system.system_id) FROM system WHERE system.system_id = system.system_id AND manufacturer LIKE '%Dell%' AND system.man_status = 'production' AND system.timestamp = system.timestamp[/code]

That SQL is not valid. You try to insert values for system_id, group_id, group_sys_type, bt only actually send it a system_id (the SELECT part of the query).

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:57 am 

I think the problem is with 9.2. Unless it's a simple fix you'll probably need to wait for the next release.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:29 am 
Contributor

I don't modify the SQL statement, if that's where the error is, then its 9.2. I use to modify reports all the time on my previous test server running Beta 7.x but this version I can't do it, I have to recreate them from scratch.

Also, I just noticed my groups are not updating even if new records fall within the Select criteria, and the alerts table is still growing by leaps with software/service installed/removed. This problem ate the hard drive of my previous test server. I'm running the audit v18.vbs at startup via GPO.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:59 am 
Contributor

I figured out how to update the SQL statement on the database, essentially (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the group "Select SQL" statement for the Group is located in group_dynamic_select on the oa_group table, this statement will INSERT the selected records plus the group id and group type into the oa_group_sys table, and I found that the UPDATE button in the "List Groups" page will do just that.

What I found in 9.2, is that when editing a particular group, OA will update the "Select SQL" statement on the oa_group table, and then run an INSERT query to update the oa_group_sys table, the problem is that for some reason, the insert query doesn't add the group id and group type, hence giving me the error above.

I've been able to update my groups Select SQL statements directly in the database, but the "Edit Group" page is not working.

I've changed the subject of the thread to "Bug"

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:32 am 
Site Admin

[quote="el_geto"]and please correct me if I'm wrong

No, you're spot on.

Interesting. The function that does this (m_oa_group->update_specific_group) hasn't changed between 9.2 and my current code. The function is below. I say interesting because your original SQL error as quoted would be produced by the second last SQL creation line - [code]$sql_insert = substr_replace($sql_select, "INSERT INTO oa_group_sys (system_id, group_id, group_sys_type) ", 0, 0);[/code] This should not be executed against the DB as the very next line further alters this SQL.

I cannot replicate the issue. If you export a Group you know is showing this error, post it here with exact step by step instructions on how you can reporduce it, we may be able to get some further info...

I have inserted a couple of echo's into my code and altered a Group. The function works and shows the following for the first and second SQL generations statements.

[code]$sql_insert = substr_replace($sql_select, "INSERT INTO oa_group_sys (system_id, group_id, group_sys_type) ", 0, 0);
produces
INSERT INTO oa_group_sys (system_id, group_id, group_sys_type) SELECT distinct(system.system_id) FROM system WHERE system.man_org_id = '1' AND system.man_status = 'production' [/code]
aThis output would seem to match the SQL you posted, but as stated it should not be run against the DB as the very next statement alters the SQL further, like so -
[code]$sql_insert = str_ireplace("SELECT DISTINCT(system.system_id)", "SELECT DISTINCT(system.system_id), '" . $group_id . "', 'system'", $sql_insert);
produces
INSERT INTO oa_group_sys (system_id, group_id, group_sys_type) SELECT DISTINCT(system.system_id), '33', 'system' FROM system WHERE system.man_org_id = '1' AND system.man_status = 'production' [/code]

[code] function update_specific_group($group_id) {
# get the group select
$sql = "SELECT group_dynamic_select FROM oa_group WHERE group_id = ? LIMIT 1";
$data = array($group_id);
$query = $this->db->query($sql, $data);
foreach ($query->result() as $myrow) {
$sql_select = $myrow->group_dynamic_select;
}
# remove the existing systems in this group
$sql_delete = "DELETE FROM oa_group_sys WHERE group_id = ?";
$data = array($group_id);
$delete = $this->db->query($sql_delete, $data) or die ("Error with delete from oa_group_sys");
# update the group with all systems that match
$sql_insert = substr_replace($sql_select, "INSERT INTO oa_group_sys (system_id, group_id, group_sys_type) ", 0, 0);
$sql_insert = str_ireplace("SELECT DISTINCT(system.system_id)", "SELECT DISTINCT(system.system_id), '" . $group_id . "', 'system'", $sql_insert);
$insert = $this->db->query($sql_insert);
}[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:41 am 

I think I found the problem and it's Windows related which is why Mark doesn't see it. I also found a related problem with commas in the sql.

process_edit_group in admin_group.php needs to handle all newlines. And v_edit_group.php should not put tabs and newlines after commas in the select statements.

Attached are updated admin_group.php and v_edit_group.php files.

Attachments:
v_edit_group.txt [4.72 KiB]
Downloaded 389 times
admin_group.txt [9.84 KiB]
Downloaded 367 times
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:57 am 
Contributor

YES! That did it!
Finally I can edit groups again without messing with the DB.

One more time, thanks JPA!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]