[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Open-AudIT • View topic - [solved] Cannot acknowledge more than 1000 alerts.
Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:11 am 

[s]I'm running open audit beta 9 on Ubuntu 12.04.02 with 1GB of memory. I have php.ini set to 1GB memory usage too. Whenever I try to acknowledge more than 1000 alerts I get an http 500 error. I'm guessing this has to do with php memory limits. Anyone have any ideas on how to work past that besides just manually selecting a few hundred alerts at a time?[/s]

Never mind I figured it out... I needed to change this line in the php.ini

[code]; How many GET/POST/COOKIE input variables may be accepted
max_input_vars = 3000[/code]

Also I would like a know if there is a way to mass acknowledge alerts via MYSQL. This would save me time when I deploy updates to systems on my network.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:13 am 
Site Admin

[quote="hsmalley"]Also I would like a know if there is a way to mass acknowledge alerts via MYSQL. This would save me time when I deploy updates to systems on my network.

Active the Alerts Report (or one of the other specific Alerts reports).
Admin -> Reports -> Activate Report.
Open any Group and run the Report. You should be able to select the checkbox in the table header and click the Acknowledge button.
Done :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:14 pm 

I too seem to be having a spot of bother acknowledging alerts. I have seen 2 different errors appear. If I acknowledge a large number of alerts, in this case 8026 I get the following error:-

[quote]Fatal error: Call to undefined method Report::list_alerts() in /usr/share/OAv2/code_igniter/application/controllers/report.php on line 31

Once I click the Acknowledge button the number of alerts changes to 999 and then I pick "Standard Change" and on clicking submit I get the above error.

Do I need to add the line that hsmalley suggests? If so, what value should I set this to, as the 8026 alerts are just for my 2 Domain Controllers. I have just had a look and my Alerts (All devices) returns 279758 results

[code]; How many GET/POST/COOKIE input variables may be accepted
max_input_vars = 3000[/code]
I have checked my php.ini and this variable does not exist

If I acknowledge a smaller number of alerts, in this second case only 611 I get the attached message. It does seem however, in the second case, to have acknowledged the alerts.

Attachments:
File comment: Alert Acknowledgement message
alert ack error.png
alert ack error.png [ 7.38 KiB | Viewed 3806 times ]
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]