[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Open-AudIT • View topic - [help] [fixed] Problems with displayed computer information
Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 am 

Hello.
I've been using OA for a bit more than a year and i can tell you, is one of the best tools on my belt =)

I originally installed version 10.09.01 on Ubuntu 11 64 bits and with the exception of the schedule service not starting, it has been working pretty good.

Last week I installed OA2b7 along my 10.09.01 installation and started toying with it. Today i created the scheduled task that executes the audit script (v12) and populated some hosts.

Now i have a couple problems:
[list=1]
  • From 28 Windows XP systems it scanned, only 9 have their IP detected; the remaining 19 are marked as "Not-Networked".

• The summary page for some systems is broken: the sections Windows Details, Purchase Details, Network Details, Location / Owner Details, Custom Details, System Audits, System Alert Log, Processor Details, Memory Details, Bios Details, Motherboard Details are already displayed. Any click on any item on the menu will result in nothing. Notihing happens, the sections don't close nor open.

• Here's a view of the XP group with some computer's IPs not recognized:
    [url=http://imgur.com/BMLWw][img]http://i.imgur.com/BMLWws.png[/img][/url]

Heres what the summary page looks like for something like half the systems.
    When a system's summary page displays like this, it always does. If it displays Ok, it always displays Ok.
    [url=http://imgur.com/RF2ll][img]http://i.imgur.com/RF2lls.png[/img][/url]

Are they known bugs?
    Any way to pinpoint the source of them?

Many thanks and keep up the good work =)

Auditing: 76 machines
    LDAP: Active Directory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:03 am 
    Site Admin

That looks weird. I've not seen that before.
    I have an idea about the missing IP Addresses, but the weird display page is.... weird.
    If you want, send me (email, not post here) an audit output from one of these broken systems.
    You can run an offline audit with "cscript audit_windows.vbs COMPUTERNAME submit_online=n create_file=y".
    Could you mark one of the problem systems as status as "retired", then run the offline audit, then submit it manually on the Admin -> System -> Submit Audit (from audit script) page. If it displays weird, send me that exact audit result file and I'll see if something is not right.

EDIT - removed my personal email address. It's not hard to work out. FirstName . LastName @ Gmail . com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:15 am 

The missing addresses may be fixing by themselves once a subsequent audit has been run. it seems.

Will audit a system and send you the results, [s]as soon as i find out how to "retire" a system.[/s] nevermind, i found it!

And... if i where you, i'd delete that email address before is too late =o

Thanks =)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:30 pm 
    Site Admin

So (for those reading along at home), IkerHoek sent me a sample XML output from an audited system that wasn't displaying correctly. I tried it on my development code and it seems to display just fine. Anyone else have any ideas here?

You can try turning on "Debugging" by clicking the icon near the logout button called "Debug". Email me the resulting HTML file (with the included dumped SQL calls, etc).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm 

Have you checked the PHP logs.
    I experienced a similar problem with the summary page when the PHP allocated memory was to low.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 am 

[quote="camontosh"]Have you checked the PHP logs.
    I experienced a similar problem with the summary page when the PHP allocated memory was to low.

Yeah, sorry we didn't post it here, it was an email conversation.

Found errors like this one:
    [quote][Wed Jan 02 10:03:32 2013] [error] [client 192.168.2.150] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes) in /usr/local/OA2/code_igniter/system/application/views/lang/en.inc on line 1027, referer: http://192.168.2.4/OA2/index.php/main/list_devices/10
    So it is indeed a memory issue (my server has only 512 MB with 128 MB configured as memory_limit)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]