Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:23 pm 

Hi,

To see the latest progress i've installed, for the first time, version2 (AOv2).

My first impression is that the new version is looking minimalistic, sharp and fresh.
I've started with auditing 7 machines and then i've been playing with menus

I have found some minor issues, hopefully these help you to make AOv2 even better.
1) It wasn't clear from the documentation that i needed to create the mysql database myself.
2) The homescreen doesn't contain the netwerk user name, what makes it hard to identify the machines.
3) Menu Organisation, add organisation, after added a new one, try to edit this new one, this gives a php error.
4) the Menu item 'Reports' isn't available from the Home screen, but when i select a group, it is added to the menu bar.
5) The Report 'last seen' gives an database error.
6) My Laptops's, aren't recognized as laptops, OA has recogized this as: Form Factor: 'Notebook', but the field man_class is empty (for all audited machines)

Personally i'm having the biggest issue with the missing network user names.

Hope this helps to make OAv2 better!

Regards

LDAP: AD[/size]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am 
Site Admin

[quote="homebunny"]1) It wasn't clear from the documentation that i needed to create the mysql database myself.

I have some work to do on the Install Documentation - look for it when the new website is released.
[quote="homebunny"]2) The homescreen doesn't contain the netwerk user name, what makes it hard to identify the machines.
Easy to do - I just picked some arbitrary details, but I'll add the username to the default list. Look for it in the next release.
[quote="homebunny"]3) Menu Organisation, add organisation, after added a new one, try to edit this new one, this gives a php error.
I'll take a look at this. It _should_ be working fine...
[quote="homebunny"]4) the Menu item 'Reports' isn't available from the Home screen, but when i select a group, it is added to the menu bar.
This is by design. You run a Report on a Group of systems. If there was a Report menu item, which Group would that Report be run on (when the homepage lists many Groups)? You can use the Report icon on the right side in the list (per Group) to run a Report directly from the homepage on a Group.
[quote="homebunny"]5) The Report 'last seen' gives an database error.
I'll take a look at this. It _should_ be working fine...
[quote="homebunny"]6) My Laptops's, aren't recognized as laptops, OA has recogized this as: Form Factor: 'Notebook', but the field man_class is empty (for all audited machines)
The man_class is an entirely manual field. There is no initial population by OAv2. The form_factor attribute is taken from WMI, not set by OAv2. These are completely different items. I use it here for items that cannot easily be determined (workstation versus desktop for example). This is determined largely by the model of the system combined with whether some specific software is installed. I just view a Group then mass edit them all together. When you're an Admin, on the right side of a Group display page there are check boxes. Select multiple of these then click the Edit button in the column header. You can then set these attributes for all Systems you selected. Quick and easy. I manage ~5,000 systems like this.

Also, the valid values for man_class are 'desktop','laptop','tablet','workstation','server','virtual server','virtual desktop' and '' - I have to change the form to a list box rather than free type...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

[quote]3) Menu Organisation, add organisation, after added a new one, try to edit this new one, this gives a php error.

Have found this bug and fixed it in my code.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

[quote]5) The Report 'last seen' gives an database error.

Fixed - it's a problem in the Report XML file. The SQL is repeated... If you open \code_igniter\system\application\reports\LastSeen.XML you can see the "report_sql" item. Remove from the second SELECT onwards... Needless to say - fixed and will be in the next release.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

[quote="Mark"]homebunny wrote:
2) The homescreen doesn't contain the netwerk user name, what makes it hard to identify the machines.

Easy to do - I just picked some arbitrary details, but I'll add the username to the default list. Look for it in the next release.

OK, changed my mind. Not easy to do as it requires a database update which I do not want to do in the next release. You can always run the "Workstation Details" report on a particular Group directly from the homepage (for now).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]