Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:31 pm 

I thought it best to move this stuff into it's own topic because I think it could be an ongoing thing.

Below is a collection of currently mis-identified cpu sockets that I can pick up from my available hardware.

I've had a wander around the various wikipedia pages on the AMD processor and socket combinations to try and get a grasp on the scale of the potential problems and to try and identify a path of least resistance to get the identification a bit closer.

[code]
<processor>
<processor_cores>4</processor_cores>
<processor_socket>Socket 754</processor_socket>
<processor_description>AMD A6-3670 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics</processor_description>
<processor_speed>2700</processor_speed>
<processor_manufacturer>AuthenticAMD</processor_manufacturer>
<processor_power_management_supported>False</processor_power_management_supported>
</processor>
[/code]
This one I mentioned originally in my previous thread and should have been Socket FM1, an overide might be to target the 'APU with Radeon' part of the description.

If we see other Socket 754 that have more than 1 processor core, then I believe they will most likely be Socket AM2

[code]
<processor>
<processor_cores>1</processor_cores>
<processor_socket>Socket 940</processor_socket>
<processor_description>AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1620</processor_description>
<processor_speed>2411</processor_speed>
<processor_power_management_supported>False</processor_power_management_supported>
</processor>
[/code]
This one should have been Socket AM2, an overide might be to target the 'LE-16' part of the description

[code]
<processor>
<processor_cores>2</processor_cores>
<processor_socket>Other</processor_socket>
<processor_description>AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+</processor_description>
<processor_speed>2511</processor_speed>
</processor>
[/code]
This one should have been Socket AM2, an overide might be to target the 'Athlon(tm) 64 X2' part of the description

Once I start getting AM3 boards on stream I will try to refine this further.

I don't know what the feasibility might be, but within the registry under the HARDWARE processor section the whole family, model and stepping string is available which might in the future be able to be used to identify socket types more effectively, though it may well be another quagmire to wade through :)

Cheers

Darren

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 pm 

Hi,

I've started rolling out some AM3+ motherboard/processor combos now. Here's another socket mis-identification, this time on a Bulldozer core with a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 mobo :

[code]
<processor>
<processor_cores>4</processor_cores>
<processor_socket>ZIF Socket</processor_socket>
<processor_description>AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor</processor_description>
<processor_speed>4200</processor_speed>
</processor>
[/code]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]