Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:19 pm 

Hi

I've run into a new error message with the audit script running locally on windows server 2008 when submitting results.

When doing the detailed debug, the result comes down to:

IIS 6 Installed
wbemErrInvalidNamespace - could not connect. (MicrosoftIISv2)
CD Keys
network routing info
Audit Generated in 45 seconds.
Submitting audit online
C:\Users\local1\Desktop\audit_windows.vbs(4794, 2) msxml3.dll: System error: -21

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

You could try the latest audit script from [url]http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5864[/url].
It does include fixes for IIS and it might just work for you.
Make sure you inspect the variables default state within (for example it does not auto submit online, it creates a file, it skips software, etc).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm 

Hey Mark,

I am using the most current version of the audit script I can find (v6.06-04-2012).

Is there more information I can provide to help myself and others who might have the problem in the future?

Thanks by the way for developing this project. I have lots of respect for the double edged sword of making something that is worthwhile to so many people, but still requires your such an investment of your time and energy on so many levels. Your work is appreciated.

Thanks
-DL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am 

Can't help with the IIS error but the msxml3 error is from opening the channel to the website to post the data. Make sure that you have the correct URL value set at the top of the page. Can you manually open a browser to the page you have set?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:43 am 

Hey Jpa,

We can get to the url in the audit script from the machine, and other machines on the same network as able to audit and submit online, this one however seems to be choking on it somehow.

When I searched the forum, I found someone who had a similar problem that they resolved by using the ipaddress instead of a domain name. Trying with the ipaddress results in the error message, even though the same computer can access url through name or IP via the browser.

Thanks
-DL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 am 

Try putting "on error resume next" on the line before "objHTTP.Open "POST", url, False"

Hopefully it makes it past the sticking point and then errors such that it tries connecting with the MSXML2.XMLHTTP provider.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:17 am 

Hi

Nope, It gives the same error message even with "on error resume next" inserted on the line preceding "objHTTP.Open "POST", url, False"

What can I do now to assist in troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks
-Dl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:56 am 

What happens if you reregister msxml3 with "regsvr32 msxml3.dll"? Or reinstall msxml3 with an installer from Microsoft.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:58 am 
Site Admin

I have just run the v8 script locally on a 64bit Win 2k8 (standard) machine here.
No problems with it.
I suspect it's related to your particular machine (which is not very helpful, I know).
Can you remotely audit this machine?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:06 am 

Once again, you guys are totally right. It seems to be an issue with the machine. Since msxml3 is part of the OS, I can't remove it.. but using the recommended MS solution of "sfc /scannow", tells me there are problems with the msxml3/6 files.

So, I get to figure the problem with the system to fix it.

Thanks again!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]