Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:51 pm 

I found i logical problem I try explain it. When I made a nmap scan of any device as a first shot and than I make a regular audit on anyone of these the audit result is apear as a new device. Not update a record with "its" MAC and IP.
So I know that it is difficul to say if the device is the same as actual scanning machine. But if the MAC and IP and UUID is only in format "-NAME" we can suppose that we are update a first nmap shot.
I need to do nmap scan - I have more than 500 devices in network and AD is on the start of implemntation - unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 am 

There is no nmap scanning in OAv2 at this time so you're probably talking about OAv1. Make sure you're on the [url=http://open-audit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/open-audit/trunk/?view=tar]latest download from SVN[/url] and see if that helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:02 am 

Yes I have a latest beta version and I know than in OAv2 is now nmap scan - I try to make xml report by script based on nmap a arp-scan. Output from script I add via web "add system" It was just experiment.

Michal

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:05 am 

OK, but reporting this as a problem with OAv2 and then asking for help is interesting. If you want Nmap input [url=http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5796]vote for it[/url] or add it yourself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]