Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:16 pm 

Exactly, for example when i have

Org A
- Org A.a
- Org A.b
- Org A.c

i have all PCs in those A.a/A.b /A.c organisations but want a group which displays all PCs from every "Org A" sub-organisation.

Thanks for the report, i found everything i needed in it :) but one thing.. i cant properly sort by "Last Audited", it works just fine at Alerts - Software for example.

Last edited by snue on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm 

another thing i just noticed (god, im pretty annoying..) - if you start the audit_windows.vbs script on a win7 64bit pc you dont get the "last logged on user" in the audit, but it works fine if remotly audited via audit_domain.vbs

//the software it registes is also different, if you run the auditscript local it detects "Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb) (02.50)" for all office apps a few times, after a remote audit they are all removed again

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 am 

[quote="Mark"][quote]I need to remove the demo data, how would I do this as on the previous version there is an option to delete the audited system individually.

View the individual system. Set it to Deleted.

[quote]Also while browsing the site remotely, using IE8, I am unable to see the menu on the left once you select a system. On the other hand while accessing the site on the localhost, I can see the menu but unable to expand the software or the system menu.
Will look into this.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info about deleting the old data.

Have you got any updates on the issue about access the software and system menu?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:24 pm 
Contributor

Wow, it has been quite a while since I've been around here. Nice to see this project coming along nicely! One thing I did notice however is that psexec is being redistributed with this app. This would probably be on shaky legal grounds, as the docs included with PsTools (of which psexec is a part of) states...

[quote]
License

No part of PsTools may be redistributed in any way, or by any means, without the prior written permission of Sysinternals LLC. If you wish to redistribute PsTools, for example for use within an organization, please contact licensing@sysinternals.com.

RemCom is probably the best alternative, though I haven't really searched for any other OpenSource alternatives to psexec lately.

https://github.com/kavika13/RemCom

LDAP: Active Directory 2008 R2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:07 am 
Contributor

Microsoft purchased Sysinternals LLC several years back, but the warning you give still holds true.

It's no longer possible to even get permission to redist any sysinternals tools:

Sysinternals Licensing FAQ

Q: May I distribute Sysinternals utilities in my software, on my website, or with my magazine?

A: No. We are not offering any distribution licenses, even if the 3rd party is distributing them for free. We encourage people to download the utilities from our download center where they can be assured to get the most recent version of the utility.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb847944

Maybe put a link to pstools in the readme file instead? Or find an alternative like the one that Chad suggests.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:43 am 

When is the next version planned and what are the fixes or add ons in it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5